PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 03:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: AT&T

bossb2525 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashed 2.23.00WU Radio. Phone freezes, device gets warm, and battery drains quickly.

Hello
I just flashed this radio but now my phone is starting to freeze up at times. Anybody else experiencing this? I'm using a sprint touch pro 2 and using an AT&T SIM card. I've already unlocked my phone using the OliNex unlocker but not sure why my phone is freezing. The phone is also getting warm and the battery is draining quicker. I've tried hard resetting the phone and I have not installed any apps on it. Any suggestions?
Old 01-18-2010, 03:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Flashed 2.23.00WU Radio. Phone freezes, device gets warm, and battery drains quic

might wanna try another Wu radio seems ur not getting good reception
Old 01-18-2010, 05:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Flashed 2.23.00WU Radio. Phone freezes, device gets warm, and battery drains quic

Flashing the stock WM 6.1 Sprint ROM should revert your radio to the shipped version, but will also wipe your device back to stock OS....so if you're running a cooked ROM you'll have to reflash that.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

secondtwiggy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
Flashing the stock WM 6.1 Sprint ROM should revert your radio to the shipped version, but will also wipe your device back to stock OS....so if you're running a cooked ROM you'll have to reflash that.
Flashing the ROM will not change the radio.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you dont need to flash back to stock..just try a different WUradio for cdma
Old 01-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

I don't know if it effects your phones radio hardware... BUT that i the radio for verizons tp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossb2525 View Post
Hello
I just flashed this radio but now my phone is starting to freeze up at times. Anybody else experiencing this? I'm using a sprint touch pro 2 and using an AT&T SIM card. I've already unlocked my phone using the OliNex unlocker but not sure why my phone is freezing. The phone is also getting warm and the battery is draining quicker. I've tried hard resetting the phone and I have not installed any apps on it. Any suggestions?

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondtwiggy View Post
Flashing the ROM will not change the radio.
Flashing the STOCK (SHIPPED) ROM will flash the radio.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

secondtwiggy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
Flashing the STOCK (SHIPPED) ROM will flash the radio.
Learn something new everyday...
Old 01-18-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ FOX ROM
Carrier: Page Plus and AT&T

explisiv is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to explisiv Send a message via MSN to explisiv Send a message via Yahoo to explisiv

i have a sprint tp2 and i got that same radio on my phone and i think it has alot to do with being in global mode i only run into that problem when i do tomoany memory intense apps like full movies or long term wifi but other then that it works great. the radio may not respond well with your rom. im using mighty rom official.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02
you dont need to flash back to stock..just try a different WUradio for cdma
that isnt true u a rom signed nbh can contain a os and a radio in the same flash!! we just dont do that here often!!

also op where did u get the radio from! pm me and i will send u the link to the radio i pulled and flashed!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2