PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC phones Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

naskarl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to naskarl
Tp2

I just spent an agonizing hour with "friends with android and i-phone technology" who gave no respect to my TP2. None of them had ever heard of ppc or that other xd place, are they stupid or am I crazy!?!
Old 03-05-2010, 12:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: Tp2

Just drink some beer and install some "apps" with them to join the crowd

I've used Windows Mobile for 10 years now and I don't see myself changing anytime soon. Too many business programs are made for this OS and the TP2 is the best phone IMO for a real power user.

I went to a concert the other day and everyone I saw was running some sort of Android device or an iPhone. Only one dude had an Imagio that I noticed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic)
Carrier: Sprint

modembug is keeping up the good workmodembug is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to modembug Send a message via MSN to modembug Send a message via Yahoo to modembug

those are the same folks who trash on microsoft and who flamed vista because it was the popular opinion to have... iphones and android phones are shiny toys, but when you want to go something accomplished (proper exchange syncing without a bunch of headaches etc, then a WM phone is king!). Don't feel bad man, feel bad for them for being cute little lemmings! cheers!
Old 03-05-2010, 01:59 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by modembug View Post
those are the same folks who trash on microsoft and who flamed vista because it was the popular opinion to have... iphones and android phones are shiny toys, but when you want to go something accomplished (proper exchange syncing without a bunch of headaches etc, then a WM phone is king!). Don't feel bad man, feel bad for them for being cute little lemmings! cheers!
quoted for truth... bandwagon jumping at its finest.
while i don't disrespect android (unlike iphone ), it is becoming a "popular" thing... along with calling any android phone a "droid" (ugh)
Old 03-05-2010, 02:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
quoted for truth... bandwagon jumping at its finest.
while i don't disrespect android (unlike iphone ), it is becoming a "popular" thing... along with calling any android phone a "droid" (ugh)
+1 100%

Windows Mobile FTW!!
Old 03-05-2010, 02:44 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

wow, i didn't know my tp2 couldn't have apps.
shush, no one tell my tp2, it's got like 90 of them on there right now!

Old 03-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Had a friend with an iPhone check out my TP2 while I was using it at work yesterday. He actually asked me if it was Android. Surprised to find out it was WinMo and impressed by the phone. Effective marketing has a lot to do with Android and iPhone love IMO. Maybe WP7 will get some heavy marketing support.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

a friend and i have the tp2 vs. iphone battle from time to time, he came over about a week ago bragging about being able to talk and surf the net at the same time. i went to wi-fi and did it too....i haven't heard from him since!
Old 03-05-2010, 11:57 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
a friend and i have the tp2 vs. iphone battle from time to time, he came over about a week ago bragging about being able to talk and surf the net at the same time. i went to wi-fi and did it too....i haven't heard from him since!
Yeah, I totally don't understand that commercial. The way they advertise it is that NOTHING ELSE has that ability. I've honestly never really had a reason to do it before, so I tried it after watching the commercial and it worked fine. wtf? Why advertise that as a selling point?
Old 03-05-2010, 12:44 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Yeah, I totally don't understand that commercial. The way they advertise it is that NOTHING ELSE has that ability. I've honestly never really had a reason to do it before, so I tried it after watching the commercial and it worked fine. wtf? Why advertise that as a selling point?
i guess the ultimate reason is because that's the only thing they can use as a selling point. mind you, you don't hear the commercial saying, "our phones comes wi-fi ready"...that's because they will get flamed majorly for that statement. plus more and more people are wising up. they're starting to get on forums (like our beloved one here) to ask questions and see how far to the limit they can take their phone. and eventually, they find out...you don't exclusively need to be on a gsm network to do talk and surf the same time.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2