PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 08:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

savaytse66 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What Can We Do With 2 Touch Pro 2s?

My wife and I decided to upgrade her phone to a new Touch Pro 2. I've had mine since Verizon first introduced it. We'll both be likely be running the latest version of MightyROM.

So is there anything special we can do with 2 Touch Pro 2s? Are there any games that let us link the phones together and play via Bluetooth? Can we make direct connections with each other to transfer files? Can we team internet connections to make streaming video faster? Anything else creative that we can do?
Old 01-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

birddseedd is just getting started
Re: What Can We Do With 2 Touch Pro 2s?

that wouldent work. from a networking standpoint, you basicially would have two separate internet connections.

think of driving your car down the highway. you cannot split your car in half and use two roads and get somewhere faster. the data stream has to go through the same connection.

tho i like this question. the iphone does alot of need things like starting your car for you. shouldent the tp2 be able to do these things?
Old 01-17-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Daikazetatsu is becoming a great contributor

U could have a ShootMe fight lol
Old 01-17-2010, 04:53 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

to transfer files, i think i seen sumthing on xda called shake to send via bt?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
that wouldent work. from a networking standpoint, you basicially would have two separate internet connections.

think of driving your car down the highway. you cannot split your car in half and use two roads and get somewhere faster. the data stream has to go through the same connection.

tho i like this question. the iphone does alot of need things like starting your car for you. shouldent the tp2 be able to do these things?
Sure you can. It's called bridging connections.

Take phone 1, setup wifi router.

Take phone 2, setup wifi router.

From there, goto windows connection manager, find the 2 connections and bridge them.

Wahbam, 2 phones 1 connection, 2x the speed as the first phone!!! Good Luck.

Also for starting your car lol, you need 1000 bucks in hardware before that app can work. If Viper got enough requests, I am sure they'd port it to WinMo, but for now, iPhone is all hyped up @ stores like best buy so they can sell easier saying "Start your car from your iPhone".
Old 01-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohowap View Post
Sure you can. It's called bridging connections.

Take phone 1, setup wifi router.

Take phone 2, setup wifi router.

From there, goto windows connection manager, find the 2 connections and bridge them.

Wahbam, 2 phones 1 connection, 2x the speed as the first phone!!! Good Luck.
No not true... A Bridge is just what the name implies... A Bridge...

It connects to disconnected networks. Imagine this senario...

You have LAN A which consists of your XBOX and PS3 and is on your primary level in your home (1st floor) and connected a some random networking device. Since you opted to run cables only to your PS3 and XBOX you can only see both of those devices on your LAN.

You also have LAN B which is on the third floor of our home. This network consists of your 2 PCs and internet connection. This is your main "LAN" and you would love to have your XBOX and PS3 connect to the internet and your two PCs up stairs. Instead of running a long cable instead you put a PC on the second floor.

This second floor PC has two network cards (NICs) with one connected to each seperate LAN. You then "bridge" the connections allowing devices on both seperate LANs to see each other.

What you hoped to describe isn't a Network Bridge, but instead is called LAN Teaming. Where you attempt to team network cards in an effort to get faster speeds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_aggregation
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 01-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker

What you people are talking about is called link aggregation. this is done basically for network redundancy. basicially it allows you to have two identical internet connections. this is only done in corporate business environments, not done in residential accounts.

SPRINT DOES NOT SUPPORT LINK AGGERGATION.

And to my understanding link aggregation (which again only works if your isp offers it) DOES NOT GIVE YOU TWICE THE BANDWITH, BUT GIVES YOU REDUNDANCY SO IF YOUR CONNECTION GOES DOWN YOU HAVE ANOTHER ONE THAT WORKS.

again, sprint does NOT support this. this is what will happen.

tcpip (the rules that data uses to travel on a network) is a point to point connection. if a computer has an internet connection and you request a website, data file, movie stream your ip address (any internet connetion gets a number called an ip address to identify your computer on the network) is communicated with the server on the other side of the internet. that server then sends the data TO THAT IP ADDRESS.

now,,, if you have 2 network addapters (a computer with only 1 wifi adapter will only connect to 1, one, 1 touch pro 2, or any other wifi network) then you will have 2 internet connections and 2 ip addresses. when you request data from the server your computer gives that server 1 ip address (again, tcpip is only capable of one connection) and the data is streamed over that 1 connectino to that 1 ip address.

now there will be somewhat of a benifit in this, you can stream a movie at teh speed of that one connection, and then windows will use the second connection to retrieve other data. if you are downloading a large file on the one connection, windows will use the other connection to download OTHER DATA.

but tcpip cannot cannot cannot cannot split the data in half and download it on separate connections. hence the other server only has ONE ip address that it sends teh data to.

even with link aggregation the remote server does NOT have the capabilitity of spitting the data into two parts.

oh, and this has NOTHING to do with bridging. bridging nearly connects 2 networks, it does not combine them.

if you had 2 connections to the internet and you bridged them your computer basicially becomes a router and connects the 2 adapters, but this would accomplish nothing as the data comming from either connection would be directed to the pc's ip address and all data will stop at the computer.

Last edited by birddseedd; 01-18-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker

anyway, back to topic.

apple is always advertising what their dumb phoen can do. the tp2 has superior hardware and a more advanced OS, isent there anyone out there writing the software needed to do stuff?

What I would like to do actually is look at some of the thigns the iphone is famos for and find programs to do the same things and make this information publically available. software is the key, im sure its got to be out there.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohowap View Post
Also for starting your car lol, you need 1000 bucks in hardware before that app can work. If Viper got enough requests, I am sure they'd port it to WinMo, but for now, iPhone is all hyped up @ stores like best buy so they can sell easier saying "Start your car from your iPhone".
iv no idea of the costs, but there are solutions out there for this that work with any browser enabled device, pc or pda.

iv no idea what the cost is, whatever it is i can hardly think its wroth paying. to me anyway, i dont even have windows that work.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by savaytse66 View Post
My wife and I decided to upgrade her phone to a new Touch Pro 2. I've had mine since Verizon first introduced it. We'll both be likely be running the latest version of MightyROM.

So is there anything special we can do with 2 Touch Pro 2s? Are there any games that let us link the phones together and play via Bluetooth? Can we make direct connections with each other to transfer files? Can we team internet connections to make streaming video faster? Anything else creative that we can do?
Yes yall can transfer files back and forth with each other. Use Total Commander

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2