PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Safe to buy Touch Pro2 on Ebay?

I want to buy a Touch Pro2 for someone for the holidays... i'm not about to pay Sprint 600 and i don't want to extend their contract to get a discount. My question is how safe is it to buy a phone like this off ebay? the deals listed seem too good to be true.... 300 or less for no contract with claims of never being used. They mention the ESN is clean too, but how trustworthy is that? I look at feedback and it seems many are at 100%...

I've always bought directly from Sprint, so any info would be great. Also, how would i know if an esn is clean or not?
Old 12-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Safe to buy Touch Pro2 on Ebay?

Just read there feedback and always pay with paypal so you can get money back. Or try craigslist locally so you can see it first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Kcsedate is a n00b

I got my pro2 from eBay a few weeks ago for around $400. It had clean ESN and came with a year warrenty so it was pretty much liky buying it right from the sprint store. You just want to make sure that the seller has good feedback and has experience selling phones. If in the feedback, the seller even has one comment of "Sprint said my phone was stolen and I couldn't activate it", I would avoid that seller. (There are more of these than you might think). Also, if you really want a great deal, be patient and not spend too much on the first few you see. Good luck!
Old 12-13-2009, 12:46 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Be sure to read the power ratings and reviews of the seller. I wouldn't buy one from a person with a low rating. I bought my from ebay but you must be careful and Paypal is a great way to not get scammed.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

It is never 100% safe to buy sprint phone from ebay(unless you know its blacklisted ahead of time), even sealed and never opened phones can have bad ESN. Ask the seller to send you ESN prior to purchase, he/she might refuse and thats normal - then ask them to send it to you before you pay but after you have won the auction. Once you have the ESN(or MEID) number just call Sprint and ask them to check if ESN is clear - its free and usually takes under 2 mins(unless you get a moron rep). Also pay with PayPal - that way you can put in a claim with them if ESN comes black

When you can tether for free?: D
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT
Threadstarter

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

thanks guys. sounds like the general consensus is to make sure the seller allows paypal and of course check feedback. Hopefully i'll find a seller that has a nice history of selling phones, that would put my mind at ease for sure... thanks again
Old 12-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tony_stylezzz is a n00b

I bought many phones on ebay and no problems. Like everyone said, as long as you pay through pay pal and check there feedbacks then you should be good. I also like to have a seller who has great communication with me when I'm making a large payment.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Buy from a seller that had sold tons n tons of phone.

Be very careful of someone that never or seldom sells phone.

The TP2 I bought was stolen, but I got it activated before the fraud dept. finds out.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

DetroitFlyer is a n00b

I have bought many phones on ebay as well as selling my old phones. I have never had a problem. I look for sellers with high ratings and I check to make sure they have a good record in selling phones. If they have not sold many phones, I look to see the feedback from what they have sold. I have probably bought about 10 phones and sold as many. Not a huge number, but my experience has been positive. Of course the phones I was selling were mine, so I knew the condition and that the ESN's were clear. I represented them fairly on ebay and they sold for what they were worth. PayPal is also your friend on ebay. Great protection just in case you get burned. Good luck, I think you will be OK and get a MUCH better deal on a phone than you will ever get with Sprint.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:30 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I too have purchased many Sprint phones from ebay, to me the most important thing is to look at how much volume they sell, how long they've been an ebay member, if they are a member of SquareTrade or similar and ALWAYS get the ESN previous to even making an offer, if they refuse kindly acknowledge and inform them you'll look else where

I never make an offer until I can check the ESN with Sprint first... some sellers are leery of giving you this information, reputable ones aren't (well the ones that want my trust won't) Just make sure your payment method is something you can have recourse on just in case something happens with your transaction, be sure to read the return policy too!! Good luck and stay informed, asked questions and you won't get burned.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2