PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

birddseedd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where do cooks get a brand new rom?

Obviously a cook would have to start somewhere. so there has to be some sort of "basic rom". like a clean install of windows mobile.

Where do they obtain this rom? are they simply starting with a stock rom from the carrier?

Basicially I would like to build my own rom from scratch. editing indygrooves rom is great, but i would like to start form scratch and build one perfectly for myself. where would i get the files to do this? (the leaked 6.5.3 files btw)
Old 01-18-2010, 03:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ajc9988 is a n00b
Re: Where do cooks get a brand new rom?

Find an existing rom out there. Great place to start is an official rom (which 6.5.3 isn't yet). Otherwise get a custom rom and start from there!

Edit: They have put up the 6.5 rom for Verizon. You have to make sure you unlock it and change the radio, etc. etc. etc. If you want to do the work you might be able to start there. Sprint still hasn't released there's and I'm not sure how it would work. I am just starting to learn it myself. Another place to work from is maybe a mightyrom. just a thought. GL!!!

Last edited by ajc9988; 01-18-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

birddseedd is just getting started

thats the thing though, the verison rom has a bunch of verison crap in it. iv got the sprint rom, but again, its got a bunch of sprint crap.

not to mention the crap htc puts in it.

for the newer versions however, 6.5.3 where there is only leaked copies, where would i obtain a leaked copy?
Old 01-18-2010, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

coreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Good Question, ive been searching that for some time, my advice would be to pm mighty, juciy, or energyrom and ask them then post results back
Old 01-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

They probably know some employee at HTC or Microsoft that leaks them the stuff over IRC or something like that. Some of this stuff is so new, that it has to be coming from an employee. Also, I think the companies might purposely release some of these things on the down low to get free interest and hype in their products, thats how Apple works, they leak rumors and pretend its not coming from them solely to get free advertising from the press. Its all a game.

What I find funny is that if you look at the movies, just about every company, office, person uses an Apple computer but in real life, the very large majority are Windows machines, especially at work.

Last edited by NIKKG; 01-18-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
Obviously a cook would have to start somewhere. so there has to be some sort of "basic rom". like a clean install of windows mobile.

Where do they obtain this rom? are they simply starting with a stock rom from the carrier?

Basicially I would like to build my own rom from scratch. editing indygrooves rom is great, but i would like to start form scratch and build one perfectly for myself. where would i get the files to do this? (the leaked 6.5.3 files btw)
the leaked 6.5.3 files come from Da G over at xda developers. he gets the leaks from on the inside. All chefs either create roms from these leaked sys' or they take sys roms from existing roms (example the new verizon 6.5 rom, someone can take that rom, oems, and the sys and create their own rom. Only microsoft can create the actual sys. Mighymike and all the others are creating their roms based off stuff extracted from actual roms or leaked roms.
Google is the next skynet

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2