PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The TP2 saved your butt: Stories from a TP2 owner

Has the TP2 ever saved your butt? At work? At school? With a spouse?

Let's hear those stories!

I love when I forget to send my graduate thesis to myself via email and I can just pull up VNC and send it right from my home computer!

I also am digging all the money I'm saving NOT getting in-room internet at hotels now that I have tethering and 3G.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: The TP2 saved your butt: Stories from a TP2 owner

I used WMwifirouter to save $10 a night at a luxury resort in the Catskills this Summer.

~John
Old 01-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I used WMwifirouter to save $10 a night at a luxury resort in the Catskills this Summer.

~John
Yeah baby! I love that tethering feature! Hyatt Penn's landing, Hilton Pittsburgh, Marriot Copley Place, Residence Inn Framingham, Loews Philadelphia, Holiday Inn Wrightsville Beach...all charge $20/24 hours.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan / Touch Pro 2

mkeith813 is becoming a great contributor

Forgot where I parked when I was in a different city. Used Google maps and street view to look for the right parking garage. I was definitely walking in the wrong direction before I pulled out my TP2.

Currently Running: SSK
Old 01-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeith813 View Post
Forgot where I parked when I was in a different city. Used Google maps and street view to look for the right parking garage. I was definitely walking in the wrong direction before I pulled out my TP2.
Very nice! I remember getting lost for 2 1/2 hours in urban Rochester without my phone (before TP2 came out and I had a Wizard with no GPS) at like 2-3am. I was offered drugs by a guy riding a bike, too. Wish I had it then!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:01 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

my internet was down for the day so i couldnt do work on my laptop. then realized my tp2 had wifi router, so i was able to finish what i was doing.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan / Touch Pro 2

mkeith813 is becoming a great contributor

Very nice! I remember getting lost for 2 1/2 hours in urban Rochester without my phone (before TP2 came out and I had a Wizard with no GPS) at like 2-3am. I was offered drugs by a guy riding a bike, too. Wish I had it then!

Haha. Yeah at least mine was in the middle of the day. You may have been able to use the Wizard as a projectile weapon though.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeith813 View Post

Haha. Yeah at least mine was in the middle of the day. You may have been able to use the Wizard as a projectile weapon though.
I had some liquid courage in me, but that Wizard would have hurt.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:06 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

You guys are scaring me. D.E.C.A states are in Rochester in March and I don't want to get sold drugs/mugged.

Honestly the device saved me a lot of frustration. I can go to any site, play any flash videos, do whateva I want, and not be locked in a Iphone Hell.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
You guys are scaring me. D.E.C.A states are in Rochester in March and I don't want to get sold drugs/mugged.
You'll be fine. Where are they going to be held? I was drunk when my friend drunkenly drove me to her house. Then she and my other friend (also a girl) started making out and going at it together, I felt uncomfortable (one's butch and the other doesn't shave anything) so I left, forgetting my phone but remembering my cigarettes. I tried to wander back to my car at the bar, but I didn't know where I was.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2