PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO
Carrier: Sprint

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What to do with bad camera lens?

I havent had my phone for long, always goes into my pouch or onto the night stand, but somehow the lens is so smudged I have to take the back cover off to get an acceptable picture? What to do?
Old 01-17-2010, 04:20 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: What to do with bad camera lens?

not sure if sprint sells back covers but, go to verizons website and order one for about ten bucks. so its just a bad lense on the cover huh?
Old 01-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work

Not a solution but I have always taken the back cover off it I can remove before needing to capture. It never stays clean enough to get a good shot.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:46 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

ohh ok gotcha, yup maybe some window cleaner
Old 01-17-2010, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: E-Plus

blowy666 is becoming a great contributor

Is there a plastic cover over your cam integrated in the battery cover?
Got a german TP2, and in my battery cover there is only a hole over the cam....
Old 01-17-2010, 05:29 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I use a little warm water on a cloth I got for one of my HDTV's to clean the little window. Works awesome.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Like I have said in another post about trying to increase the picture quality of the tp2, what I simply did was just remove the small plastic lens cover over the camera and thats it. Now I can take some pretty decent pics finally and I don't have to remove the camera to do so and since the camera is about 1/8" under the cover itself it doesn't really get dirty or smudged.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, treo wx, mogul, tp, tp 2, HTC Incredible
Carrier: sprint & verizon

gtcoffe is keeping up the good workgtcoffe is keeping up the good work

You could also use the solution for "glasses" cleaner and cloth's/wipes. Alcohol is not recommended. And worst case....wash it in the sink with soapy water and Q-tip (only the cover! Do not take the phone near the sink!)
Old 01-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO
Threadstarter

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the ideas, I think I might just need to start over with a new cover. It looks like the coating which is probably some sort of polarizing thing is scratched. The pictures all come out fuzzy/blurred, you can see it when you look through with your eye. I have used lens cleaner and no help, I was thinking maybe novus 123 plastic polish but it is such a small piece.

This cover really is a pain to get off regularly, I would rather just leave it on. Perhaps some sort of flap could be a lens cover.

I am gonna see if sprint can order me a new back cover, i dont think we will get as lucky as the TP1 where they were passing out covers at the door.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:41 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
Thanks for the ideas, I think I might just need to start over with a new cover. It looks like the coating which is probably some sort of polarizing thing is scratched. The pictures all come out fuzzy/blurred, you can see it when you look through with your eye. I have used lens cleaner and no help, I was thinking maybe novus 123 plastic polish but it is such a small piece.

This cover really is a pain to get off regularly, I would rather just leave it on. Perhaps some sort of flap could be a lens cover.

I am gonna see if sprint can order me a new back cover, i dont think we will get as lucky as the TP1 where they were passing out covers at the door.
Mine has the same issue...it is smudged/scratched on the inside, and was "born that way"; nothing removes it. Let us know if you have any luck with Sprint and a new cover...Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2