PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What to do with bad camera lens? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106739)

shatner 01-17-2010 04:05 PM

What to do with bad camera lens?

I havent had my phone for long, always goes into my pouch or onto the night stand, but somehow the lens is so smudged I have to take the back cover off to get an acceptable picture? What to do?

Mr.KLeen 01-17-2010 04:20 PM

Re: What to do with bad camera lens?

not sure if sprint sells back covers but, go to verizons website and order one for about ten bucks. so its just a bad lense on the cover huh?

mrrogers1 01-17-2010 04:41 PM

Not a solution but I have always taken the back cover off it I can remove before needing to capture. It never stays clean enough to get a good shot. :)

Mr.KLeen 01-17-2010 04:46 PM

ohh ok gotcha, yup maybe some window cleaner :mrgreen:

blowy666 01-17-2010 04:59 PM

Is there a plastic cover over your cam integrated in the battery cover?
Got a german TP2, and in my battery cover there is only a hole over the cam....

00_MACKIE_00 01-17-2010 05:29 PM

I use a little warm water on a cloth I got for one of my HDTV's to clean the little window. Works awesome.

themuffinman 01-17-2010 06:05 PM

Like I have said in another post about trying to increase the picture quality of the tp2, what I simply did was just remove the small plastic lens cover over the camera and thats it. Now I can take some pretty decent pics finally and I don't have to remove the camera to do so and since the camera is about 1/8" under the cover itself it doesn't really get dirty or smudged.

gtcoffe 01-17-2010 09:57 PM

You could also use the solution for "glasses" cleaner and cloth's/wipes. Alcohol is not recommended. And worst case....wash it in the sink with soapy water and Q-tip (only the cover! Do not take the phone near the sink!)

shatner 01-17-2010 10:25 PM

Thanks for the ideas, I think I might just need to start over with a new cover. It looks like the coating which is probably some sort of polarizing thing is scratched. The pictures all come out fuzzy/blurred, you can see it when you look through with your eye. I have used lens cleaner and no help, I was thinking maybe novus 123 plastic polish but it is such a small piece.

This cover really is a pain to get off regularly, I would rather just leave it on. Perhaps some sort of flap could be a lens cover.

I am gonna see if sprint can order me a new back cover, i dont think we will get as lucky as the TP1 where they were passing out covers at the door.

JZ* 01-17-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatner (Post 1497348)
Thanks for the ideas, I think I might just need to start over with a new cover. It looks like the coating which is probably some sort of polarizing thing is scratched. The pictures all come out fuzzy/blurred, you can see it when you look through with your eye. I have used lens cleaner and no help, I was thinking maybe novus 123 plastic polish but it is such a small piece.

This cover really is a pain to get off regularly, I would rather just leave it on. Perhaps some sort of flap could be a lens cover.

I am gonna see if sprint can order me a new back cover, i dont think we will get as lucky as the TP1 where they were passing out covers at the door.

Mine has the same issue...it is smudged/scratched on the inside, and was "born that way"; nothing removes it. Let us know if you have any luck with Sprint and a new cover...Thanks