PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

noreboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Keeps Tuning Off

Over the last few days I've been having issues with my TP2 turning off and on. I have the Sprint TP2 and am using it out of the country in the carribean. Has anybody had this isse? I haven't even had this phone for 1 month yet.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441
Re: TP2 Keeps Tuning Off

Are you sure it's turning off? Or could the screen just not be "waking up" as it should?

You've powered the phone down and after a period of time it's powering up on it's own?

Curious what exactly you're experiencing.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

noreboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh441 View Post
Are you sure it's turning off? Or could the screen just not be "waking up" as it should?

You've powered the phone down and after a period of time it's powering up on it's own?

Curious what exactly you're experiencing.
I'm 150% sure it's turning off. I'm a long time WM/HTC user and I'm sure its not on stand by or i'm powering it down.

I called Sprint just now and they said they're going to send me an exchange, but charge and remove the charge once they receive this phone back. They claim if I do an exchange in the store, there's a 30% restocking fee, which to me sounds like bull.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreboy View Post
I'm 150% sure it's turning off. I'm a long time WM/HTC user and I'm sure its not on stand by or i'm powering it down.

I called Sprint just now and they said they're going to send me an exchange, but charge and remove the charge once they receive this phone back. They claim if I do an exchange in the store, there's a 30% restocking fee, which to me sounds like bull.
This sounds like something's wrong with the battery. If you're out of the country, it's also possible that the current supplied by the outlet over there might not be giving the phone what it needs to charge the battery.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:34 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
This sounds like something's wrong with the battery. If you're out of the country, it's also possible that the current supplied by the outlet over there might not be giving the phone what it needs to charge the battery.
Take the battery out of the phone and put it back in. Sometimes if the battery isnt seated right, the phone will turn off randomly if pressure is put in a certain spot.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 01-17-2010, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

noreboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
Take the battery out of the phone and put it back in. Sometimes if the battery isnt seated right, the phone will turn off randomly if pressure is put in a certain spot.
I tried that a couple of time already, and it didn't work. I have no clue why it's doing this.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What do you have installed? I remember for me, my TP2 turned off like 10 seconds after I turned it on. Turns out it was a program (lock screen program) that was conflicting with another program that kept turning it off. If its just started check the programs that you have recently installed, uninstall say like the last 2 (if you don't truly need them to run) soft reset and see if that fixes it.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

noreboy is a n00b

I did have S2U2 installed. I deleted it as well as stopped using the SIM card that I was using abroad, and it hasn't turned on since. That's said, it's either the lock program or the SIM card that was causing it. I can say though, that I've been using S2U2 for weeks now without an issue, until I went over seas and put a SIM card in. In any event though, I got my new exchanged phone today, so I hopefully shouldn't have this problem again. I'll try out S2U2 again on the new phone to see.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2