PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

birddseedd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How would I include my email setup in a rom?

My goal is to make a rom with ALL of my personal apps and settings. if i screw it up i can hard reset and wont have to go though much setup.

So to get started, is it possible to have my exchange settings already setup in the rom so i will not have to setup my email when i hard reset?

I know you can change reg settings, would this be the way to do it, if so how would find out what reg keys store the exchange server/username/password info?

thanks
Old 01-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How would I include my email setup in a rom?

You can do this with Sashimi or XDA_UC
Old 01-18-2010, 12:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Does anyone know how to save your Hotmail settings using Sashimi? I use the Windows Live app to get my Hotmail in Pocket Outlook...
Old 01-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Use Makisu. Its part of Sashimi. Basically, it makes an .xml file with all the information needed to setup your email accounts automatically.

However, if someone can figure out how to backup Windows Live Mail, I'd appreciate it
Old 01-18-2010, 01:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

You can get the settings in XML format for all of your email accounts using RapiConfig on your computer. Setup your email accounts, then use RapiConfig to pull the info needed off of your device. You will have to change a couple things and add in your password info, but you should be able to setup any email account that way, even a Windows Live account. See here for RapiConfig, and see the thread at XDA for more info for setting up customization XML files.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965

I've tried it and it has worked, until I active sync the phone then the settings are gone.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
You can get the settings in XML format for all of your email accounts using RapiConfig on your computer. Setup your email accounts, then use RapiConfig to pull the info needed off of your device. You will have to change a couple things and add in your password info, but you should be able to setup any email account that way, even a Windows Live account. See here for RapiConfig, and see the thread at XDA for more info for setting up customization XML files.
Are you sure that works with a hotmail account? As far as I know, the only way to setup a hotmail account is with the Windows Live app. That RapidConfig seems to be more geared towards the POP3, IMAP, and Exchange emails, but not the http that hotmail uses.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Are you sure that works with a hotmail account? As far as I know, the only way to setup a hotmail account is with the Windows Live app. That RapidConfig seems to be more geared towards the POP3, IMAP, and Exchange emails, but not the http that hotmail uses.
As far as I know, it works. I was able to import the settings and have it setup my accounts for me, but I was having other issues with it and UC when doing a hard reset, so I never got to fully test it. I am going to create a cab that sets up just email and activesync then so that when i hard reset again, I can install it after provisioning my phone, which is what was causing the problems before. When you see the output it gives you, it has options different from pop/imap email accounts in the xml output as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2