PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   help! my phone is stuck on headphone mode (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106683)

rudedawg916 01-17-2010 07:05 AM

help! my phone is stuck on headphone mode

help my phone is stuck on headphone mode . the headphone icon is on and it wont produce any sound. how can i clear this or is it broken?

robertkmagill 01-17-2010 07:09 AM

Re: help! my phone is stuck on headphone mode

Try plugging in your headphones abd remove them a few times to untstick the connection..

dwmackay 01-17-2010 08:49 AM

You also may want to try a tiny bit of WD-40. Just put a small amount of the headphone plung and put it in and out a few times. If you have some dirt in the headset hole, that would cause your problem.

Doug M.

readygo02 01-17-2010 10:14 AM

you could also try doing a soft reset or keeping the battery out for a minute or so, if all else fails hard reset.

brownhornet 01-17-2010 10:38 AM

Just had to send mine back not too long ago for that. Shortly after the vibrate motor went out

urantivirus 01-18-2010 07:29 PM

I've had this phone for a week, and I'm getting this problem as well. I just probe the headphone port with the stylus until the headphone icon disappears. The worst part is it knows when I plug in the headphones, just not when I unplug it. That and double clicking the button in the headphone port redials the phone. Besides this problem, occasional freezing and GPS that almost never works(even outdoors in the open) it's a great phone!](*,)

imnuts 01-18-2010 07:35 PM

If you started the phone with the head phones plugged in (either from being off or a soft reset) take the head phones out, and soft reset again and it should go away unless something else is wrong.

wodurrah 02-22-2010 10:26 PM

oh my good lord what? My phone will not play sound...this is retarded...i dont have headphone in...Help me please.

giltp 02-22-2010 10:46 PM

Dip your headphone jack on alcohol and push it in and out repeatedly and see if that works.

You can also try grabbing a piece of paper and roll it until is the thickness of the headset and dip it in alcohol and twist it around until the headset jack is cleaned. :drunken:

nayr1482 02-22-2010 11:40 PM

This happened to me once. If I remember correctly, I plugged my headphones back in and started playing music, while the music was playing I pulled the headphones out and it worked.