PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 05:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

tom888 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wake or turn on TP2 into the last active screen

3rd day with Sprint TP2, and not so thrilled so far. I'm really trying to like it. I've downloaded all the main cabs (thanks to all the generous/genius folks out there). One thing that bothers me most is when the phone is waking up from sleep mode. I have my screen/backlight set to turn off after 20 seconds of inactivity (to save battery). To turn the phone back on, I press the hard power button on the top of the phone. When I do this, the phone turns back on into the Home Screen. For example, if I'm scrolling through the contacts list, and I look away for 20 seconds and the screen turns off, when I go back into the phone, I'd have lost my place in the address book and have navigate back into it again. Pretty annoying. This is especially annoying when I'm looking at Google Maps and I just put the phone down for a minute; when I wake the phone back up, I want it to open right into the last app (google maps), not the home screen. I know I can just set the backlight timer for longer, but that doesn't really solve the problem. I simply want the phone to wake up where it fell asleep! Please help.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 1/2, 6800, 6700, Palm 650, Moto Q, Krzr

robertkmagill is keeping up the good workrobertkmagill is keeping up the good workrobertkmagill is keeping up the good work
Re: Wake or turn on TP2 into the last active screen

Its the "Today Timout" that is causing this.
Its just a simple setting that you can disable
by going to: Settings, Today, Items..
Then uncheck the Today Timout box. Thats it
Old 01-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tom888 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Tried it, but didn't work.

Not sure if my initial question was confusing, but basically, if I'm in any page other than the home screen, and the phone either goes into sleep mode (due to inactivity) or if I push the hard power button on top of the phone to turn the screen off, when I push the button again to go back to what I was doing, the phone will always start back on the home screen page. Annoying.

I just noticed that it does the the same thing when I'm on a phone call. I dial a number, hold the phone to my ear, everytime I pull the phone away from my face, it'll start at the home screen, even in the middle of a phone call. This is esp annoying if I'm talking to an automated service: "press 1 for English..." bc I'll have to navigate back to the phone page to access the keypad (with the slider closed). Please help!
Old 01-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

peter l is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom888 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Not sure if my initial question was confusing, but basically, if I'm in any page other than the home screen, and the phone either goes into sleep mode (due to inactivity) or if I push the hard power button on top of the phone to turn the screen off, when I push the button again to go back to what I was doing, the phone will always start back on the home screen page. Annoying.

I just noticed that it does the the same thing when I'm on a phone call. I dial a number, hold the phone to my ear, everytime I pull the phone away from my face, it'll start at the home screen, even in the middle of a phone call. This is esp annoying if I'm talking to an automated service: "press 1 for English..." bc I'll have to navigate back to the phone page to access the keypad (with the slider closed). Please help!
I m having the same problem and there is no solution to fix it yet.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I wish there was a solution as well, unfortunately this probably won't be as simple as a registry tweak.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tom888 is a n00b

Can ANYONE help with this? Otherwise, I think my TP2 is going back to Sprint; this has proven to be incredibly annoying and outshines all the cool stuff the phone can do. Quite frankly, seeing the clock do a flip is not much of a necessity for me, but making it perform efficiently is. At this point, I hate having to press extra buttons to get to my destination.

If the phone's inactive and I get a text message on beejive, I hear the chime (the phone stays blacked out). I have to press the hard power button, it opens the home screen, then I press the message icon in the task bar, then it opens a box to tell me I have a new message (doesn't show the message), then I have to press another button to finally "view" the message. WTF.

The most annoying is really the phone calls though. As I said before, I'll call a number, hold the phone to my ear, hear a busy signal, pull the phone away from my face, and it's back at the home screen. In the meantime, the busy signal is still going and going and going... I have to press the talk button to go back to the phone screen, just so I can press "end call." Or, I could just press the "end button," but being that it was back at the home screen, it doesn't even look like it's connected to the busy signal (which makes me wonder how long the busy signal will run for before the phone hangs itself up).

Everything else is fine, it's just this feature that's annoying, and I find it odd that I'm the only one talking about it! Maybe it's me... =( I think I'm going back to a Blackberry after all.

I simply want this phone to wake up to the last active screen.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

marinemissez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom888 View Post

+1 on this.....It's definitely annoying. It may be something we have to deal with....well at least I have......hopefully someone will come out with a cab for this as I'm sure we're not the only ones that are annoyed with this or have brought it up.

If you've been helped, a 'THANKS' is very polite!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Dorenda is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Dorenda Send a message via MSN to Dorenda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorenda
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I have been waiting for some sort of resolution for this also. Hope someone hears our plea for help.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

if im not mistaken isnt this due to using stock locker ? if u uncheck the "prompt if device unused for" the home screen problem goes away. i dont know ish about the reason why its like this im sure the smart folks can explain it but its a fix. if u need a lock with a password DL 1 thats out there i guess
Old 01-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Try to disable Manila in the Settings>Today>Items>Un-check HTC Sense or use SPB Mobile Shell instead!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
wakeup sleep homescreen