PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

birddseedd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
question about downloading attachments

When you download attachments with mail where are they stored. I have been having to click on them to download, then right click and save as.

also, is there a way to get mail to let you open cab attachments.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: question about downloading attachments

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
When you download attachments with mail where are they stored. I have been having to click on them to download, then right click and save as.

also, is there a way to get mail to let you open cab attachments.
I just sent myself a 3mb cab & while I had to manually download the attachment, it also wouldn't let me open from Pocket Outlook.

So I had to use the stylus & press on the attachment icon in the email to get the popup - SAVE AS option.

Whereby, i downloaded it into my storage card.

Strange since I had to do this last choice even though I had selected my attachments to be downloaded to storage whenever possible.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: question about downloading attachments

238mb of internal storage doesn't go very far. If your attachments came directly to your phone you would have a different set of problems.
The file actually resides at your email server. You are seeing a notification (more like a shortcut) of the file you have received in your email inbox. This is a good system as it allows you to store the file in whatever folder you wish... You can even create new folders (eg. My syster's ugly baby is one of mine... luckily she can't see my folders in my card lol)
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2