PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Im on stock sprint rom and im trying to add my city to the weather through the registry. i tried the method below but its like the registry changes i make go back to the 6 default city codes when i go to the weather tab... basically my city stays in the registry until i actually go to the weather tab, then its like the registry resets back to showing the 6 default city codes for tokyo, seattle wa, new york, etc.

http://www.htcwiki.com/thread/1846223/How+to+add+new+cities+to+Weather+on+Touch+Pro...+a nd+help!!

ive been fooling around with it all day with no luck... i had conflippers v5 cab installed but it causes my fone to freeze for like 45 secs at startup =( so when i saw that it might be possible to add my city without adding a cab, i really want to add it this way. ive only had my tp2 a week, im trying to set it up the way i want (almost there) without installing alot of cabs, especially if they are going to cause freezing issues and stuff... can some1 help me figure this out?
Old 01-15-2010, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SecretAgentMan is keeping up the good workSecretAgentMan is keeping up the good work
Re: Add City Through Registry?

Do you know about the weather database editor? You may just be trying to add cities manually without using an app, but it sounds like you just don't want to add a cab. With the database editor, you copy out a manila file, edit it, and put it back.

I used the weather database editor with 6.1 and it worked fine. I have upgraded to 6.5, and I DON'T know if this still works. I just haven't gotten around to tweaking my cities yet. Since you're on stock Sprint, this shouldn't be an issue since you don't have 6.5 yet . . . sorry.

Check HERE and HERE.

Last edited by SecretAgentMan; 01-15-2010 at 10:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
Do you know about the weather database editor? You may just be trying to add cities manually without using an app, but it sounds like you just don't want to add a cab. With the database editor, you copy out a manila file, edit it, and put it back. No cab to install.

I used the weather database editor with 6.1 and it worked fine. I have upgraded to 6.5, and I DON'T know if this still works. I just haven't gotten around to tweaking my cities yet. Since you're on stock Sprint, this shouldn't be an issue since you don't have 6.5 yet . . . sorry.

Check HERE and HERE.
thx alot secretagentman (lol), thats exactly what im trying to do. i will try this in a sec and ill b back to hit the thx button.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

conflipper also had a database already tweaked with every town/city in the US, and I think abroad too. Search in the forum for programs/software I believe under the Manila thread. It's basically just like the weather database editor except in cab form and he already did the modifications, although the database editor works nice too. And S.A.M., it works fine on 6.5 custom ROMS also.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

i got it done using the database editor, thx again secret. i was able to uninstall the database editor after i added a few cities for a clean install.

@fishing... i had conflippers and it caused my phone to freeze like 30 secs each time i turned the phone on, loading the database id imagine.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

PROBLEM: I added to cities to the database but they will not update the weather. it says connection error, retry? but the default cities (seattle, new york, tokyo etc) update just fine... what did i do wrong?

PROBLEM SOLVED: If you remove the editor cab, the city you added will stay on the weather tab but wont allow you to update the weather for that city unless the editor cab is still installed.

Last edited by puff601; 01-15-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

You can also go into the settings and backup your changes to your storage card so if you have to HR or you start flashing custom ROMs, you can just backup the cities/towns you've loaded previously rather than having to go in each time to do it. Makes it nice and quick!

Edit: and yeah, Conflippers would occasionally slow mine down but it ended up speeding up and didn't cause too many lock-ups. I currently just use the database editor though, I can manually add the cities I want that way.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

cool where do i go to backup the cities? yea i like this editor better, id rather manually add each city rather than have the complete list

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2