PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

snakey5138999 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Carrier specific charging accessories required???

Hey guys, about to get my new tp2 that i won off ebay for $300, to trade for my instinct. When i bought my instinct, they were very forceful of saying only use sprint accessories (Batteries, Chargers, Docks) to use with your phone. If not, it would ruin your phone, as they've seen it before and not be covered if any damage occurred. They claimed they would know that an aftermarket accessory was used with the phone that caused the damage.

Has anyone had any problem using ebay accessories as to the ones ive mentioned? I bought a $5 battery for one of my old nextels off ebay and it worked great! Held a charge and saved me $30 over buying new from sprint. Seen the same thing for tp2 batteries for like $8 compared to like $40 from sprint. Plus i dont feel like spending $35 on a car charger when i can get one on ebay for like $3...

Any opinions from experience??? Thanks

Last edited by snakey5138999; 01-14-2010 at 04:37 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Re: Carrier specific charging accessories required???

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakey5138999 View Post
Hey guys, about to get my new tp2 that i won off ebay for $300, to trade for my instinct. When i bought my instinct, they were very forceful of saying only use sprint accessories (Batteries, Chargers, Docks) to use with your phone. If not, it would ruin your phone, as they've seen it before and not be covered if any damage occurred. They claimed they would know that an aftermarket accessory was used with the phone that caused the damage.

Has anyone had any problem using ebay accessories as to the ones ive mentioned? I bought a $5 battery for one of my old nextels off ebay and it worked great! Held a charge and saved me $30 over buying new from sprint. Seen the same thing for tp2 batteries for like $8 compared to like $40 from sprint. Plus i dont feel like spending $35 on a car charger when i can get one on ebay for like $3...

Any opinions from experience??? Thanks
You can use any miniusb cable (carrier branded or not) to transfer data to/from the device, and nearly any miniusb wall charger or outlet -> usb adapter to charge the device. As long as the battery is made for the TP2, you should be fine with any extra batteries you want to buy as well. I don't think the carriers have any docks available, so you could get whatever you want. When buying things though, make sure that they are meant for your device as there are minor differences between the CDMA and GSM versions that may make accessories not work/fit properly, notably the missing 3.5mm jack and front camera on GSM devices.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: verizon

slidebabyslide is becoming a great contributor

They want you to buy there products because they want you money... if there selling you a phone they tell you buy this and that.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

snakey5138999 is a n00b

Sounds great to me!

Slide, yeah thats what i figured. They say that stuff to scare people from buying online when they can get if for so much cheaper and they know it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2