PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 11:45 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: does a faster processor mean faster speeds??

plus you cant compare two different CPU's just by their clock speed. You are comparing a ARM Cortex A8 with Qualcomm and just because it has similar clock speed, the Cortex A8 can out perform the Qualcomm in every way since its more powerful

Why do you thing that the Nexus One is only "slightly" faster than the Droid while being 400mhz faster? (450mhz if you count the underclock of the Droid) And the HD2 is yet to destroy the iPhone 3GS?

There is more to CPU's than just mhz
Old 01-14-2010, 12:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It's why they announced the dual core 1.5 qualcomm cpu, but take in mind faster cpu means more power consumption, less battery life and more heat..

But compare AMD to Intel doesn't mean MHz is always faster... i.e. V8 Mustang vs Boxer 4Turbo Impreza
Old 01-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
It's why they announced the dual core 1.5 qualcomm cpu, but take in mind faster cpu means more power consumption, less battery life and more heat..

But compare AMD to Intel doesn't mean MHz is always faster... i.e. V8 Mustang vs Boxer 4Turbo Impreza
Not always. Chip size and voltage have a significant impact on battery life. One case would be comparing a Pentium 4 to one of the new core2quads. You have something that is running four cores, but literally is one half to a third the die size of the P4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
It really annoyed me over Christmas as my Sisters son was at my house visiting & he has an iphone.

There where a couple times we both reached for our phones to do Google searches at the same time during a conversation. I gave up finally as he was beating me so badly it was embarrassing.......

~John
The one thing I like about the Iphone is how well they integrated the hardware. Games run better, surfing the web is more fun and seems less like a task. This is why I'm looking foward to WM7, where microsoft is actually going to make running standards for their new platform.

That said, where I live, my phone is faster than the Iphones at retrieving content. Although, thats because ATT has shoddy 3G network that bounces people on EDGE

BTW: Was your sister's son cheating, and using a wifi connection? That makes a pretty big difference

Last edited by Aleki; 01-14-2010 at 12:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2