PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any way to speed up Manila 2.5??

I lost count of the amount of days I struggled with this (I was trying not to open an unnecessary thread), but I'm all out of options, and I don't know where else to post.

Has anyone managed to successfully speed up manila 2.5 even a little bit? It's a wonder interface to use, but whenever the full screen weather animations play, or whenever I open a menu within manila, it bogs down to slideshow speed! It's super annoying, because it's the only thing stopping me from using 2.5 daily.

So far, Calkulin's roms run manila 2.5 the fastest for me, but it's still much MUCH slower than 2.1. So yeah, to ask the question again, is there any way to speed up Manila 2.5?

One more thing; to save everyone the time and frustration, I already know that Manila 2.5 is designed for the snapdragon wielding HTC Leo. But I'm still confused because Manila 2.1 runs the weather animations flawlessly. So I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me. Thanks!!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: Any way to speed up Manila 2.5??

i just recently used caulkins manila 2.5 ROM, before that i was using Manila/Sense 2.1 for a week or so testing speeds. before that i was on energyROM with manila 2.5 and used it then for a couple months.

my conclusion is that manila 2.1 is much faster because its made for the phone. manila 2.5 had deep roots in windows and just need that extra processor to keep up. was setting an ipod up for a customer the other day and the speed of it triggered my interest in the speed test i did with manila 2.1

as i see it you have two options... have speed an a solid manila 2.1 OR have the latest features and deal with the lack of speed......

as for speed fixes for manila 2.5
- i make sure to close programs on X and keep the running programs cleaned out. dont use cleanRAM much, because IMO soft reset is much more efficient and takes close to the same time on a deep clean.
- with max cooked into ROM it really seems to help. mainly because maxmanila gives you control over weather and gets rid of other things on home screen, like swiping animations.
- also think that using compression with manila helps. eneryROM had a rom where it used compression thanks to chainfire, and it really seemed to be speedy....
- also not absolutely sure about this, but i normally disable the tabs i dont use. i think it might help some..

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ugh... don't really like those options, but I guess you're right.

I've always keep my task manager free of running programs (with Rhodium keyboard control, I can close the active window by double tapping the back button), so the slowness of manila 2.5 persists even after just booting up. I've also disabled the tabs I don't use, which is only the stock tab and twitter tab, so I don't know of anything else to try.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
Ugh... don't really like those options, but I guess you're right.

I've always keep my task manager free of running programs (with Rhodium keyboard control, I can close the active window by double tapping the back button), so the slowness of manila 2.5 persists even after just booting up. I've also disabled the tabs I don't use, which is only the stock tab and twitter tab, so I don't know of anything else to try.
yeah, its sad but true......right now i am struggling on which way to go....i will probably stick it out with manila 2.5 until i get frustrated with the speed again, then go back to 2.1. then after i miss the features of 2.5 and maxmanila i will be back to 2.5.....its a vicious cycle....

the time when the speed really gets to me is during work. i use many of the phones features throughout the day and when i have to wait to see a email or make a call or anything it gets very frustrating.

hopefully speed will be on developers agenda for the upcoming months..... or sometime soon....
Old 01-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've been cycling between 2.5 and 2.1 for a while, trying to push myself to stay with 2.5. Most of the roms out now are cooking 2.5 in, and I'm starting to think that manila 2.1 won't be around much longer.

Hopefully the chefs will find a way to speed up manila 2.5 in the future. Or, maybe No2Chem will find a way to overclock the Touch Pro2 , and Manila should work flawlessly lol!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor

You could buy an HD2. That'll speed up 2.5 quite a bit.

Last edited by bkrodgers; 01-14-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:49 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrodgers View Post
You could buy an HD2. That's speed up 2.5 quite a bit.
thats what im gonna do in a few months
Old 01-14-2010, 03:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

juanfig1217 is a n00b

i use hd tweaks to help speed up the weather animation...
Old 01-14-2010, 04:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850

B1zzybone2000 is a n00b
Cool Re: Any way to speed up Manila 2.5??

hd tweaks and the 3d drivers,,,who has them,,,for the weather 2.5 animation
Old 01-16-2010, 03:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrodgers View Post
You could buy an HD2. That'll speed up 2.5 quite a bit.
Lol! Thanks but no thanks. No hardware keyboard, no purchase

Anyway, I think for now I'll be sticking with Manila 2.1. Even though, I'll probably change back to 2.5 in a few days, and then I'll switch back to 2.1, and the cycle will continue...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2