PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible #777 pop-up fix

I have been getting a nag pop-up every so often:

Unable to connect to #777 blah, blah

This especially happens when I am using navigation and make or receive an incoming call. After searching, I saw that others were kind of fed up with the pop-up bubble as well.

This fix has been working for me (for a day or so), and I decided to cab it up for anyone else to try.

What it does:
1) Installs an empty exe named remnot.exe in the \Windows folder.

2) Changes the key @
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:M SREMNET
so that it points to remnot.exe instead of remnet.exe.

Remnet.exe still works from Start>Settings>Connections>Connections
after making this change.

If anyone tries this and still gets the nag pop-up, please let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Disable 777 Notification.cab (1.7 KB, 157 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by chas123; 01-14-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 2
Carrier: Verizon

surgeX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Possible #777 pop-up fix

Doesn't work, I now get a nag box that says "The file 'remnot' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file."
Old 04-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Sensual_Robert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I too tried the #777 fix, and as the other poster replied, I'm now getting a nag box referring to the "remnot.exe" being unsigned.

Guess I'll delete the 'fix' and go back to the other annoying #777 pop-up.

This is on my US Cellular HTC Touch Pro II
Old 04-19-2010, 04:58 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

personally, i dont think its something that needs a "fix". its your phones way of telling you something. its not an error. it just means the cellular radio is trying to use data and voice at the same time. if its a big problem while using your gps, just turn the phone part off and just use data till u gey where you are going. you can assign the end key to temporarily kill the phone. also, there is already a working "fix" floating around that disables this. ill link to it shortly.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:15 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=98128
try ths thread...

Last edited by austin420; 04-19-2010 at 05:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2