PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro VZW
Carrier: touch pro VZW

crypto666 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a way to force EVDO only on TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca2l3vin View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50301; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

i am alittle confused. why would you want only evdo if you could stop others from calling during your data session with a * code? only thing that would happen now is when evdo drops to a low signal you Wont have 1x to fall back on to keep the connection from dropping all together..sry if I seem dense just not seeing the point.

Just for the sake of finding out the issue I will try to find the missing strings then test it. GL.

Even a weak EVDO signal will be faster than a strong 1x. It is a speed thing. IMO the fact that it blocks calls is an added bonus in some cases such as downloading large files.
I just got off the phone with VZW again and was told that the update that includes wm6.5 will fix it; it says so in the fixed list. I will be upgrading tonight. However, I would still be happier with being able to switch to EVDO only. Hopefully one of the many geeks here will figure out how to do it. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, but.....
Old 01-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Lurker

crypto666 is a n00b

and now I am 1x only.
VZW tech says that the newest update will fix it; wm6.5 package.

I still want an evdo only switch, and total control over people.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The TP2 won't show the "hidden mode operation page", probably to do with the cdma/gsm combo on the tp2.

You can still change to evdo only, FIRST you have your "MSL" number (call your carrier and ask for it or search here on how to get it)

Once you have your msl, you need to get into the EPST tool, this can be done by entering codes on your phone, on Sprint dial ##778# - EPST - Advanced Programming, on Verizon I think you use the ##778 then hit send.

Select "Edit" and enter your msl.........EPST screen opens, now at the bottom select "view info", and a popup window opens........select "modem settings"........highlight "preferred mode" and at the bottom hit "menu" then edit...........now for EVDO find "HDR" and select it and hit OK at bottom and hit "update item" and "reset"

To switch back do everything again and select "automatic" instead of HDR.

If you can't open EPST with the codes on your phone pad, you can still open it by finding it in your "windows" folder on your phone and clicking on it (select EPST.lnk not EPST.exe) my current Rom doesn't support phone codes so I just made a shortcut of the EPST.lnk in my start menu. for easy access.

It may seem like a long way to do it and it soft resets your phone to change it, but WTF can you do....the easy change option isn't on the TP2, I even tried to create string entries for it in the registry, but it wouldn't work, it appears the option resides in rilphone.dll or another dll.

It's actually really fast to change it, once you do it a couple of times.

Last edited by Primenall; 01-14-2010 at 06:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

LncGmz is keeping up the good workLncGmz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
The TP2 won't show the "hidden mode operation page", probably to do with the cdma/gsm combo on the tp2.

You can still change to evdo only, FIRST you have your "MSL" number (call your carrier and ask for it or search here on how to get it)

Once you have your msl, you need to get into the EPST tool, this can be done by entering codes on your phone, on Sprint dial ##778# - EPST - Advanced Programming, on Verizon I think you use the ##778 then hit send.

Select "Edit" and enter your msl.........EPST screen opens, now at the bottom select "view info", and a popup window opens........select "modem settings"........highlight "preferred mode" and at the bottom hit "menu" then edit...........now for EVDO find "HDR" and select it and hit OK at bottom and hit "update item" and "reset"

To switch back do everything again and select "automatic" instead of HDR.

If you can't open EPST with the codes on your phone pad, you can still open it by finding it in your "windows" folder on your phone and clicking on it (select EPST.lnk not EPST.exe) my current Rom doesn't support phone codes so I just made a shortcut of the EPST.lnk in my start menu. for easy access.

It may seem like a long way to do it and it soft resets your phone to change it, but WTF can you do....the easy change option isn't on the TP2, I even tried to create string entries for it in the registry, but it wouldn't work, it appears the option resides in rilphone.dll or another dll.

It's actually really fast to change it, once you do it a couple of times.
Hmm, I can't do either of your suggestions. My phone does not support the ##778# for sprint I guess with this ROM I have on, and if I go look for the EPST file. I only have one that says EPST not one lke you suggested. Whats the deal with that? Why cant someone just cab up a shortcut that will bring up the EPST tool like a shortcut?
Old 01-15-2010, 12:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: go away
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

cklein6576 is a n00b

Oh lord sprint, why did you make this so difficult. I tried to suffer today and made it till 6pm before I switched over to the internet radio. Too bad for me the phone would stick on 1x after I would get a text. Someone smarter than me write a cab and fix this!! This makes me sad that i dropped my phone and then had the microwave accident.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Lurker

crypto666 is a n00b

Thanks Primenall, yeh its not as easy as the TP1, but I don't have a smart phone because it makes life more simple.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The only $50 Touch Pro2
Carrier: gottaluvSPRINT

wampuscat is keeping up the good workwampuscat is keeping up the good work

lncgm there is a cab ti fix your ## codes. custom dialers are what screws it up
Old 01-15-2010, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

treadwayj is keeping up the good worktreadwayj is keeping up the good work

I just skimmed though and didnt see this suggestion...

On MightyRom you can go under the CDMA settings and enable DDTM so that voice calls can go directlt to voicemail if you are actively using your data connection.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Lurker

crypto666 is a n00b

Since this is a Verizon specific thread, I think, you should all know that the msl for verizon is 000000. Vzw techs do not know what a msl number is.
I can't wait to try this, but I have to wait for the upgrade (MR1) to finish downloading. That server must be the slowest server in the universe; 6 hours and it is 3/4 done.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Lurker

crypto666 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadwayj View Post
I just skimmed though and didnt see this suggestion...

On MightyRom you can go under the CDMA settings and enable DDTM so that voice calls can go directlt to voicemail if you are actively using your data connection.
You can also do this using # codes, but it does not force evdo, just rejects calls and messges. You will still be in 1x.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2