PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

JackStorm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint (CDMA) TP2 Desktop Cradle with Audio Out??

Hey Fellow Tp2'ers...

Has anyone had any luck finding a desktop cradle that charges and allows you to run an audio out (3.5mm jack) to speakers?

On my Touch Pro... I used to have a desktop cradle that charged the phone and had a 3.5mm connection in the back so I could run audio out to my computer speakers. I loved this cuz I listen to Sirius XM or Pandora throughout the day since my company blocks those sites. Do I have any hope??
Old 01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JackStorm is a n00b
Re: Sprint (CDMA) TP2 Desktop Cradle with Audio Out??

Wow... I guess the deafening silence means there may not be anything available like that, eh?
Old 01-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Forgive me as I can't find any of the links right now but so far all the ones that I have seen that have a audio out are for the regular GSM units.

In other words they don't have the USB connector off to one side and have a separate male audio jack.

I could be and hope that I may be wrong but I would suspect we may never see this.

Note, I have often wondered if you did take one that was for the GSM and hack the case and brought it over to the meet up with the CDMA's port, if that would work but I know for me I'm not going to try it, plus I don't know if you even would be able to get the sound out of a CDMA unit that way.

Good luck and if you find one please post.

Last edited by WBFAir; 01-13-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

JackStorm is a n00b

The GSM one was the cradle I kept finding. Bummer! And unfortunately I completely lack the skills to mod a cradle so it's CDMA-friendly. Welp... the search continues... maybe someone else out there may know of something... somewhere... Anyone?
Old 01-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStorm View Post
The GSM one was the cradle I kept finding. Bummer! And unfortunately I completely lack the skills to mod a cradle so it's CDMA-friendly. Welp... the search continues... maybe someone else out there may know of something... somewhere... Anyone?
Yeah like I said too, I wonder if you even were to get the USB of a GSM one over to the USB post of a CDMA unit, even if that didn't hurt the device to hook that up, if it would even give you the audio out?

My meaning is I think as they provided the audio jack such as it is in on the CDMA, I don't know if there even is a audio out path via the CDMA's USB connection?

Although I think the TV out jacks have it that way although I've never looked into these.

In a completely different way, I wonder if there is anything that can be done via a blue tooth connection?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2