PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jovalleau is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC and Album Art

Ok, so I updated my entire music collection with correct album art, track and album info and all that jazz. In Windows, I have my songs sorted by artist. Any artist I have more than 3 songs for I put in one folder. I have many artists with just one song so they just sit in the 'music' folder on my storage card.

Whenever I load up my playlist, all the information for each song is correct, but the album art is ALL WRONG! I went back through windows and checked each folder, and the touch pro 2 seems to be creating a hidden file called htc_albumartxxx, that overrides any album art in the mp3 ID tag. This is a problem in every artist folder where I have songs from more than one album, as well as the main 'music' folder where I have roughly 1000 songs that all use one incorrect album cover based on the htc_albumartxxx file that is placed in that directory.

Any help here, or am I going to have to create a folder for each album I own instead of each artist?
Old 01-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jovalleau is a n00b
Re: HTC and Album Art

*bump*

Nothing?
Old 01-13-2010, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

exmeaguy is just getting started

Why not just put all of your music in one folder and then let Media Player do a re-index and you should be good to go.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Strange... My phone generates the ~htc hidden files all the time, but if there are songs from 3 albums in the artist folder, I'll have 3 images.

I have all the proper tags and album art inside of the mp3 file, and my library is organized into folders by artist name, nothing else.

Which media player are you using? TouchFlo? WMP?
Old 01-14-2010, 01:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

u need to organize all your mp3 by folder in one big folder.
use a mp3 tag editor to apply a jpg to the set of mp3s.
and stick the jpg in the folder for good measure. WMP likes that.

the htc image is what the music player stores the album cover information.
which is y u need 2 put each alum in its OWN folder.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jovalleau is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmeaguy View Post
Why not just put all of your music in one folder and then let Media Player do a re-index and you should be good to go.
I prefer to sort my things via folders for quick navigation (for me, at least), but I had many of my songs that way, but they all ended up with album art from one song.

I reorganized all my music into an artist folder, then an album folder for those that it was possiblet to do so. The rest I kept in the single music folder and everythings seems to be working properly now...

Strange.

And I was using Core Player to create the playlist, and TF3D as the music player.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

First thing to remember is that HTC's player recognizes the album art by the album that the song is from and not the individual song.

You need to make sure that you have all of the songs in a particular album in one folder and they are all correctly. Then, when you want to update the player, go into the "all songs" tab and it should update itself accordingly and display the correct info.

Hope this helps!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2