PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your current configuration!?
Sense 2.1 with (WM 6.1) 4 5.19%
Sense 2.5 with (WM 6.5) 22 28.57%
Sense 2.1 with (WM 6.5) 31 40.26%
Sense 2.5 with (WM 6.1) 2 2.60%
SPB Mobile Shell (WM 6.1/6.5/6.5.X) 8 10.39%
Windows Mobile Titanium! (6.1, 6.5, 6.5.X) 5 6.49%
Other?... Post your configuration! 5 6.49%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[POLL] What's your set up!?

There are tons and tons of options for ROMs on our TP2's. Different combinations of sys, OS, Manila/Sense UI, SPB, Android (hopefully soon!)...

.. I was kinda just curious to see what the community has been using and what their opinions are of the development.

Me, personally. I'm using windows mobile 6.5 (21887) and Sense 2.5. (Silence ROM HDFL Jan 2, 2010) I can not possibly go back to 2.1! It has nothing to do with eye candy, but more so the integration of the interface with social networking engines, photo album, etc. It's just a great step in the right direction for me. No matter how buggy people say it is. There's some great ROMs out there featuring Sense 2.5 and I think they'll only get better. Even if the UI wasnt made for our devices, the great people developing the ROMs will make it as stable as possible.

......So, now. - Lets see what everyone else is using!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [POLL] What's your set up!?

Indagroove's Titanium WM6.5 (21844) and SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.2.

I could never go back to TouchFlo. Mobile Shell is faster, less buggy, doesn't take as much system memory, far more configurable with no hacking, and has all of the social networking integration and photo album integration that Sense 2.5 has (Mobile Shell actually has even more and better integration with them, and had all of those features before TouchFlo got them).

Plus, you can backup and restore your Mobile Shell settings. So if you flash a new ROM, just install Mobile Shell and restore the settings, and you instantly have the layout, configuration, etc, that you are familiar with.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I agree that Sense 2.5 is best for me due to the increasing integration...cant wait until we dont really even need WinMo (if that day ever comes) for Sense. That being said, since we have to have WinMo, I prefer the 84xxx (dont remeber) as it's much more "one hand" friendly in that I don't have to reach to the top of the screen for anything anymore.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm running Sense 2.5 on a WM6.5.3 (build 23518 Custom ROM built out of Calkulin's TP2 Visual Kitchen 1.4

Nothing to complain about...is fast, smooth, and stable as are MOST custom ROM's built out of Cal's kitchens. A custom ROM is as good as the chef...so...you know...

I've ran MS for sometime...but I always get bored with it...and seemed to just drift back to TF3D. I've gotten used to 6.5.X's finger friendly buttons/icons/UI etc. Can't say that I like Titanium all that much...same goes for the whole "Zune-like" experience. Give me tabs, sliders, widgets, icons...I'll be in hog heaven. Ideally, I love to have a "desktop" with widgets (TouchWiz) but it seems that its an Omnia only thing...*sigh*

@awenthol: Sense is the User Interface is HOW you interact with the operating system (which is Windows Mobile) Only way to get Sense without WinMo is go Android (think Hero)

Last edited by amw1972; 01-12-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

21888 and sense 2.5
Old 01-12-2010, 03:10 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

nice poll op. Nice to see what everyone else is using :u
Old 01-12-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: E-Plus

blowy666 is becoming a great contributor

I´m running WinMob 6.5 with Mobile Shell 3.5.1....its great!

By the way: is there a say to have integrate the animated weather to Mobile Shell?
Old 01-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

6.5.x with sense 2.5
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 01-12-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:52 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Sense 2.5 w landscape and WM 6.5 (i rather stability than 6.5.3)

All HTC needs to do to never see WM again is to add their own Email app (like they did with android, bring back the HTC Menu to override the Start Menu, and finish skinning the settings links)
Old 01-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

6.5.3 sense 2.5, leo 2.2 Yea It rocks! with lanscape! Thanks NRGZ

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2