PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 02:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ChristopherJLee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iPhone ROM Development $1000

EDIT: I changed my mind, if someone provides me a working iphone ROM for the touch pro 2, I'll give you $1000. If you want details of what I want, I'll give them but it would require the ability to sync with itunes, all sprint cdma radios to work, wifi, bluetooth, 3g, usb, internet tethering, text messaging, basically, a 99% working ROM. I know the money isn't much but that's about how much an iphone would be worth to me.

please pass this on to your favorite developer/programmer

It seems like there are many different ROM's, or OS's that can be modified to run on these tiny little computers. So why not the apple iphone OS? Seems like hardware wise we would be in heaven with such a great keyboard to the most popular and succesful phone ever. Have any of the talented programmers here attempted it? i would easily pay $50 ore even more for it, as I'm sure many, many other people would. i am certain that there is a programmer out there with access to the iphone source code and can write in the drivers for the hardware. i realize it would be illegal and copyright infrigement but the person that could do it would be infamous and be offered a sweet, cushy programming job at a huge corporation. which of you programmers are currently in a job they don't like or even unemployed? this would be your opportunity to cross the invisible barrier and make double, triple, or even 100X your current salary. think about it.

PS-other than the amazing talents that you would be displaying by doing this, even if you don't become famous, I'm still going to show you how to make money off this. Immediately before releasing the program to the public, get as much money as you can to buy, borrow, cheat, steal, or using whatever means necessary and get every single touch pro 2 phone you can find. i literally mean, 10000+ of them if possible. As soon as the program is released, the word will get out, and within weeks the cost of getting a touch pro 2 on the black market will be upwards of $600-$800, maybe even more. an iphone with a keyboard...

Last edited by ChristopherJLee; 01-12-2010 at 05:14 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Viros is a n00b
Re: iPhone ROM Development

I'm pretty sure that would be the nightmare of all ports, especially since there aren't going to be drivers for any hardware besides what's in the 3 iPhone versions.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

not possible. just stop thinking about it right now you're just gonna give yourself a headache
Old 01-12-2010, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work

A lot of us love our TP2's because they are NOT iPhones in any way, shape, or form. This is a bad idea. Buy an iPhone, if you want one. This post smells like a troll.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:25 AM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

ChristopherJLee is a n00b

nope, not a troll. this is a serious question to the developers. i have my reasons for staying with my carrier (sprint) instead of going to a network that doesn't provide comparable coverage where i need it. besides, touch pro 2's are available for every network, cdma and gsm. all the benefits, without the exclusivity of att and apple
Old 01-12-2010, 04:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

IcyStorm is just getting started

Not going to happen, ever. The iPhone OS is not open and would require developers to create a whole new set of drivers for everything. It just wouldn't be worth the effort.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:39 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

fail thread!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: E-Plus

blowy666 is becoming a great contributor
Re: iPhone ROM Development $1000

Well....thats a good proof: money wont buy everything...
Old 01-12-2010, 07:04 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowy666 View Post
Well....thats a good proof: money wont buy everything...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Apple-...item3a569ba7d4

wcdma iphone form new zeland. although who on here would really want one.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Verizon

CA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good work

buy an iphone and save the 800
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2