PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Password protect, selected contacts?

Hello all

Btw just to mention, I'm sorry to keep banging the TP2 form instead of the Pocket PC Software form for software questions but as this is such a new and proprietary device I figure most here would be more, in the know, for things just for this device, so that’s why I keep asking here.

Anyway, I was wondering for my Verizon TP2 with that stock WM6.1 OS, is there any way or is there is any software program that would allow me to password protection individual contacts in the default standard contact manager on a contact by contact basis?

In other words, what I am looking for is to password protect certain but not all that contacts, then if I go to the "All Contacts" list I would still want to have them there and be seen, but if I try to call them from that list or even the previous calls list, or even attempt to just view or edit any of the contact info for a particular contact, I would like to be prompted for a password before any of that could be done.

As well I do not want these contacts or any of their info to be sync-able unless they are unlocked.

But of course I would not want any of this to affect the caller ID stuff or any prevention of that contact being listed in the previous calls screen.

Just to mention I did find this one program, Skb Contact Manager, that would password protect a contact but the problem is, it completely hides it from the contact list as well.

So in other words, every time you want to call someone on that contact list you have to go to Skb and open up the program which requires a pass word, then unlock the contact, which requires a password. Then go back to the list and then you can use it normally to call them.

To be honest once I saw this I knew it that wasn't what I wanted so I didn't test how it Sync'ed with Outlook or how or if dealt with the caller ID or previous caller list thing but I just mention it as to show kinda what I’m looking for, and as well to let others know I have looked at that one and that it is not what I’m looking for based on what I described as the, wants and not wants.

So if anyone has any ideas or knows of any add-on programs that would do this, which I mostly suspect would be the case, please let me know.

Thanks for any help

Old 01-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Password protect, selected contacts?

So you want to hide all your girlfriend's numbers from your wife.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: XV6875.1 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888
So you want to hide all your girlfriend's numbers from your wife.
I was thinking the same thing

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 01-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

He doesn't want to turn out like Tiger
Old 01-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular
Threadstarter

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ha ha

If only that was one of my problems.

No, actually if you read the, what I know was a lot of stuff post, I don't want the contact to be hidden at all.

Basically I always had a lot of my business customer’s phone numbers as well as my personal friends contact info in my old phone a V60s, which really only amounted to a first name and an phone number, so the info on that was pretty slim at best and pretty hard to work with as a file to get much info from if it even were sync-ed.

Plus what could I do about it anyway ???

But given the nature of what this device is and can hold and how it can be worked with, if it were ever to be stolen or lost, I want to be certain that at least for my business contacts info, that the info contain in those contacts, would be un-obtain-able.

So again what I’m looking for is not to hide them as I will again just list them by first name which btw is actually quite necessary not to have them hidden as I need to find them in the list too so I can call them, I just need for there contact info contained in them to not be readily accessible.

And just to mention, part of the reason I am doing this is I have actually had some of the IT guys who have seen that I have this device now, express concerns about this.

Not that they are offering any solutions for it.

Personally I think they are just jealous I have one of these, but never the less it has been brought to attention of others.

And just to mention, at the same time because of the nature of what it is I do, I can’t be dealing with locking out the whole device and stuff so that is why I would like to have this be specific to just the contacts I want to do this with.

Thanks

Last edited by WBFAir; 01-11-2010 at 01:10 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2