PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Accidentally Renamed Registry Key - Need Help

I was checking the Finger Pressure Registry setting on my Verizon TP2, Stock 6.1 ROM:

HKLM\Drivers\TouchPanel\FingerPressure

using Total Commander. But while navigating I accidentally hit a key different from the TouchPanel Folder, and it got renamed to "X" before I could escape and undo it. So I don't know what the original key name is.

I opened up my most recent SPB Backup to check what it was supposed to be, but it doesn't appear to be there. Under HKLM\Drivers I have the following Folders in the SPB Backup:

BlockDevice
BuiltIn
Console
Display
HID
PCCARD
PCMCIA
RegisteredDevice
SDCARD
Software
Speaker
TouchPanel
Unimodem
USB
Versions

When I check this folder live on my TP2 Registry, these are all there, but also one called "Active" which doesn't show up in SPB Backup, and this other one that accidentally got renamed to "X", and which contains the following 2 Folders:

Init:
ab1 REG_SZ AT <cr>
ab2 REG_SZ ATE0V1&C1&D2<cr>

Settings:
Blind_Off
Blind_OnCallSetupFailTimeout
DialPrefix
DialSuffix
Prefix
Pulse
Reset
Terminator
Tone

I need someone running Stock Verizon 6.1 ROM to check these registry keys on their phones, and see what the correct name of this key is so I can change it back to what it should be.

I don't know why this Folder (or the one named "Active") don't appear in SPB's backup, but that's the case here.

I would really appreciate someone taking the time so I can get this corrected. I don't know how crucial this is, or if it would be recreated if I reset, but don't want to take any chances.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Accidentally Renamed Registry Key - Need Help

A hard reset would fix the issue. I don't have 6.1 so I can't help you
Old 01-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yeah, but that's pretty drastic - but thanks for the thought.

In further checking, on my Phone, the Unimodem Folder has no contents, while in the SPB Backup it has the two items which now appear under the "X" Folder. So it appears that I renamed the Unimodem Folder to "X" (which makes sense as it's right below the TouchPanel Folder I was trying to access, and I've been having issues with my screen alignment). Odd that it kept the original Folder name as well.

CERegEdit won't allow me to rename this back to Unimodem, so I'll go ahead and do this on the Phone. Hopefully I'll be good to go once this is done.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

OK, got it fixed.

Even using Total Commander on the device, I was unable to rename the "X" Folder to "Unimodem" even if I renamed the original "Unimodem" folder to something else. And if I deleted the old, empty "Unimodem" Folder, it was instantly recreated.

I had to move the contents of the "X" Folder to the "Unimodem" Folder, effectively recreating it, and once the "X" Folder was empty, I just then deleted it.

So I think I'm back to where I need to be. Interesting experience. And it was caused by the dang Screen Alignment wandering, resulting in my selecting something other than I wanted.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2