PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 11:41 PM
jacksdisbelief

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Trying to figure out what happened...

I have the Sprint HTC TP2 (and have since Christmas day). This morning, I woke up and noticed that Opera wouldn't connect to the internet. As the day progressed, I would send text messages and get the "Message Failed to Send" notification and, simultaneously, the "Message Sent" notification. About 90 minutes ago, my "Send" on-screen button will not work in either view (horizontal or regular text chat), so I opt to reset it. The device restarts and, for twenty minutes, has the TouchPro2 going on and off, red lettering teetering just as frequently. An hour ago the device finally decides to pass that step, loads the Sprint animation, and then stays black for a minute or so with the "Powering On" noise playing while the screen is black. It shows WM 6.1 on the screen and then goes to the home screen.

This is when problems really arise. The loading circle flashes and then the home screen stays black with the calendar and contacts options at the bottom, start at the top, and a "Phone Disabled" series of icons at the top. Then, there is a grand "Hands Free Activation Contacting network..." screen with the option to cancel. Ev flashes on, but the bar still has the nil mark through it. A problem occurs with Opera9.exe. A problem then occurs with device.exe. The battery is above 75% charged. The phone, initially, restarted after the "Hands Free Activation" to install "updates." There, evidently, were no effective updates and, after checking my profile update, firmware updates, and prl updates, there is nothing more for me to do but ask the wondrous pocket pc users of this site what to do.
Are there any ideas? The rom is stock, completely. I have installed one .cab and that is for the 2016 fix. What should I do?
Please, any information will be useful. I don't want to deal with Sprint's customer service; it will only turn into a hellish assault of expletives.

Edit** It also says that the Hands Free Activation fails, to go into start/settings/update profile and then gives me the 1092 error accompanied with a "Contact customer support if this persists"
Old 01-10-2010, 11:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Trying to figure out what happened...

take it to a sprint store, but hard reset it first and see if that fixes it
Old 01-10-2010, 11:51 PM
jacksdisbelief

How do I hard reset this phone?
Old 01-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

are you having a similiar problem to the one here?
Old 01-11-2010, 12:21 AM
jacksdisbelief

Essentially, I believe so. I just hard reset it and it seems to be working fine now. Hopefully, this wont occur in the future.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: metro pcs

slr916ek9 is keeping up the good workslr916ek9 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksdisbelief View Post
Essentially, I believe so. I just hard reset it and it seems to be working fine now. Hopefully, this wont occur in the future.
thats good it worked!..yea usually hard reset clears up alot of little nick nacks..but when you have alot of cabs and info and data and tweaks that will be erased to defualt when hard reset is a headache to do everything all over again!! lol....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2