PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

zanda61 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
For you Satellite Radio Fans

For you fans of XM or Sirius, I loaded the marketplace app that came installed with the new sprint Rom and found an application called SXradio2. It's free and seems to work just great. It will let you save presets and remembers the last station you listened to so it's a really fast boot up to your favorite channel. It's very finger friendly. I've been using Selectradio for the past several months because of the dearth of support for XM, and this really is much nicer to use. Major thanks to the publisher of this application. Go get em kids. =D>
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible and touch pro2
Carrier: Verizon

chrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: For you Satellite Radio Fans

been using for awhile now and i do love it , one of my favs....

newest vs found here
http://forums.geekstoolbox.com/showt...8%29#post33556
Old 03-22-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Rose4uKY is a n00b

Oh really so there is a working Sirius now? Cause my cab I have Sirius 6 doesn't work anymore..
Old 03-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

Scout123 is just getting started

Did you have any problems getting the channel list to download? I have the Sprint 6.5 and have only applied the "Clean-up/Tweaks" to it so far. Downloaded the SXRadio and was able to enter login information, yet I keep getting an error when I try to download the channel listing. I tried the 1.08 version and then the 1.09 version posted late yesterday. Still same "unable to build your channel listing" message with every attempt...
Old 03-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Threadstarter

zanda61 is just getting started

I have the stock Sprint 6.5 Rom installed with no tweaks and I'm running version 1.04 that I downloaded off the link that was provided in the earlier post. I have an XM account so I can only comment on that and it has been working great thus far.

The information provided for the app says it should work with Sirius accounts as well, so I'd certainly try it...it's free after all. I had a little trouble installing version 1.04 off the link that was provided because it said it needed MS.net CF version 3.5 when I first tried to open the app. When I tried to install CF v3.5, the system said I already had a later version of compact framework installed. So I backed out and reloaded the radio application and it worked just fine...go figure. If you're having trouble with the v1.09 version of the app, maybe try going through the marketplace and get it there. When I installed off the marketplace a couple of days ago, I got v1.03 and it worked perfectly. Good Luck
Old 03-23-2010, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose4uKY View Post
Oh really so there is a working Sirius now? Cause my cab I have Sirius 6 doesn't work anymore..
These have been out for awhile over at geekstoolbox.com. There's 2 you can use for Sirius, SiriusWM6 and sxradio, they're both free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout123 View Post
Did you have any problems getting the channel list to download? I have the Sprint 6.5 and have only applied the "Clean-up/Tweaks" to it so far. Downloaded the SXRadio and was able to enter login information, yet I keep getting an error when I try to download the channel listing. I tried the 1.08 version and then the 1.09 version posted late yesterday. Still same "unable to build your channel listing" message with every attempt...
I'm using SiriusWM6 from geekstoolbox this morning and didn't have a problem with it. And the thing about SiriusWM6 is that the developer put in coding so that it checks for updates everytime you use it, so if he changed something, you're notified of it, i.e. if Sirius changes log-ins (which they do every so often).
Old 03-23-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Rose4uKY is a n00b

Well my Sirius WM6 that I got from here doesn't work anymore since 6.5.I get an error message and it says something about Net Frame 3.5. But I went and installed Market place on my phone and downloaded the Sirius from there I think it's called SX Radio. And I have a Sirius account and my loaded and played and I picked my favorites. Rose
Old 03-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

sprint 6.5 doesn't have net framework 3.5? how odd.
i have used both sirius wm6 and the new sxradio. both have worked well on my custom 6.5.3 sprint rom. sxradio is prettier but both are functional.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

Scout123 is just getting started

I thought Sprint 6.5 likely had net framework 3.5 too, but to be sure, tried to install the cab. I also got the message that a later version was already installed so I'm assuming it's in there. I was running wm6 when I was on 6.1 ROM, with no problems, but don't think that it will work on 6.5. I will try going to Marketplace again and download the SX Radio version there...see if I have any better luck. Thanks....
Old 03-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

been running sirius on wm6 on 6.5.3 for awhile now. no problems. might be something to do with sprint 6.5 though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2