PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Sprint

tijayz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Discharging after hitting 100%?

Hey, was wondering if anyone is having a similar issue. Say my phone is at 60% battery level, I plug it in overnight, and when I wake up it's charge light blinking and charge level anywhere between 4% and 50%. Basically it's discharging very fast. I have noticed that when I plug it in and don't go to skeep and actually monitor it - it goes to 100%, stay there for about half-hour to a hour, and then, light instead of being green, starts blinking red and it starts discharging really fast. Known issue? A fix? I am using Calkulins kitchen with nuePower drivers if that helps
Old 01-09-2010, 01:05 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Discharging after hitting 100%?

hard reset and test it with nothing installed...
Old 01-09-2010, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

I'm using Calkulin's Kitchen and I have not seen anything like that.

I don't know what nuePower drivers are?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i drop a little after pulling usb but only a little.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

that is very normal guys ........once the battery level reaches 100% then no more charging. and I noticed a little drop due to this fact.what is happening is that usually when it is plugged in the light level is higher than on the battery , so when the battery is 100% , charge will stop , but battery consumption is higher than usual due to the light setting.
what i usually do , I unplug and then replug ........which also Increase the battery life.
i noticed this in mighty , calkulin Kitchen and the stock ROMS.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ppcfreakk is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ppcfreakk

try going back to the stock rom dragon said cuz sometimes when u install a diff rom it can often make it happen lke that and try all clean and see what happens and i am pretty sure that it wouldnt happen like that
Old 01-09-2010, 06:24 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maan76 View Post
that is very normal guys ........once the battery level reaches 100% then no more charging. and I noticed a little drop due to this fact.what is happening is that usually when it is plugged in the light level is higher than on the battery , so when the battery is 100% , charge will stop , but battery consumption is higher than usual due to the light setting.
what i usually do , I unplug and then replug ........which also Increase the battery life.
i noticed this in mighty , calkulin Kitchen and the stock ROMS.
OPs problem is not normal, it should only blink like that when its been over heated and should always say 100 % when you take it off the charger....... Once it hits 100. and the light turns green its my understanding it goes into trickle charge mode, where itll stop, but then slowly charge/trickle when it starts dropping..... I leave my phone on the charger all night, wake up and the phones at 100 % and the light is a steady green, as well as my wifes phone...... Unpluging and plugging it in again will start a charge again for like 10 min or so, but thats normal on most chargeable stuff like my psp, old phones, sons ds etc......

Sounds like a wierd thing to me..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2