PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 02:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ritziguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Verizon HTC Touch Pro2 Unlock help

I am trying to unlock my Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2 and I am having a problem. I sync the phone to my computer with activesync. The phone connects and then I start the unlocking process. The phone then go to the 3 color screen and the computer loses the phone sync. At this time the computer no longer recognizes the phone being connected. Then the unlocking process freezes and ends up having an error. I have tried this several times and it keeps doing the same thing. Any help??? Thanks!

Matt
Old 01-09-2010, 04:25 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: Verizon HTC Touch Pro2 Unlock help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritziguy View Post
I am trying to unlock my Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2 and I am having a problem. I sync the phone to my computer with activesync. The phone connects and then I start the unlocking process. The phone then go to the 3 color screen and the computer loses the phone sync. At this time the computer no longer recognizes the phone being connected. Then the unlocking process freezes and ends up having an error. I have tried this several times and it keeps doing the same thing. Any help??? Thanks!

Matt
YOU RUNNING WINDOWS XP? if so you may have to go to your start menu> settings> connections> usb to pc> and uncheck the box under activesync

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ritziguy is a n00b

Thanks for your reply and help, however that did not work either. The phone still disconnects from the PC and then freezes before the unlock download can begin. It show up to the grey screen with o% done and it stays that way. Any other thoughts. Again thanks for your help.

Matt
Old 01-09-2010, 03:20 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try putting it directly in bootloader mode (read the stickies for how) and it should force it to connect then.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:27 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint

ppcfreakk is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ppcfreakk

you need a hard spl unlocker to do so
Old 01-09-2010, 03:28 PM
N00b

ppcfreakk is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to ppcfreakk

Quote:
Thanks for your reply and help, however that did not work either. The phone still disconnects from the PC and then freezes before the unlock download can begin. It show up to the grey screen with o% done and it stays that way. Any other thoughts. Again thanks for your help.

Matt
try looking into here they have the tools and instruction on how to do it http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252
Old 01-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

are you running the program as administrator?
Old 01-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ritziguy is a n00b

No I am not running the program as administrator. I am running it as a user on the PC. My PC is a work PC. I am going to try and copy the unlock program to the Phone and run it on there and see what happens.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
No I am not running the program as administrator. I am running it as a user on the PC. My PC is a work PC. I am going to try and copy the unlock program to the Phone and run it on there and see what happens.
Do it at home. They likely have restrictions preventing the driver from installing properly. Not going to work on the device itself either, the exe is made for x86, not ARM
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ritziguy is a n00b

I tried it at home too and still did the same thing. I am new to this and I am not sure what x86 or ARM is. Can you explain.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro 2 unlock