PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprite Backup With MR

Hey guys, im runnin MM's 12/30 rom, and i did a complete sprite backup, including settings and whatnot, and the reason i do this is because I HATE having to set up everythign again, like where to save word documents, notes, power settings, task manager, ringtones, etc. Would it be safe to flash to the new 1/09/10 rom and do a restore? I believe this new version has the Verizon Kernel and whatnot, so regs could be changed and stuff, so is a good idea?

Thanks, Long live PPCgeeks lol
Old 01-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Sprite Backup With MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
Hey guys, im runnin MM's 12/30 rom, and i did a complete sprite backup, including settings and whatnot, and the reason i do this is because I HATE having to set up everythign again, like where to save word documents, notes, power settings, task manager, ringtones, etc. Would it be safe to flash to the new 1/09/10 rom and do a restore? I believe this new version has the Verizon Kernel and whatnot, so regs could be changed and stuff, so is a good idea?

Thanks, Long live PPCgeeks lol
NEVER USE FULL BACKUPS BETWEEN ROM RELEASES.

If you don't want to setup everything, you gotta get a program called Sashimi and spend a few days configuring everything. I perfected everything so when I flash, I run Sashimi and it restores my settings.

Its VERY tedious to setup (you have to find the registry keys that control the settings) but it is so worth it.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

damns! i have no idea how to do that lol. i guess ill jus stick with changin everything myself
Old 01-09-2010, 02:44 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
damns! i have no idea how to do that lol. i guess ill jus stick with changin everything myself
Learning how to use sashimi is worth the time it will save you later.
Here is a youtube link with a few videos explaining step by step how to sashimi.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...windows+mobile

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2