PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
At the TF3D tab, can I flip through e-mail preview like you can in pics?

Hello all

I've looked and I can seem to find a option for this so...

On my Verizon TP2 with the stock 6.1 ROM, is it possible at the TF3D E-Mail tab to finger flip through the un-viewed yet E-mails in the preview thing like you can at the TF3D pics preview screen or the TF3d contacts favorites screen?

Thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: At the TF3D tab, can I flip through e-mail preview like you can in pics?

Yes. You can swipe up and down. Up to see previous and down once you are not at the earliest email.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Humm, I have been trying that and trying that but I don't seem to be able to get it to work, is this a completely by default thing or is there any setting to allow this or not?

Note, I have made some tweaks to make the touch screen touch a little less sensitive as I was constantly activate things by accident, but just to note, I don't have any issues with the pics or favorites screens that I mentioned. Nor any issues getting anything to scroll or get activated any where else on the device.

As well just to mention I have done the Align Screen thing and again, in all other points, that is working just fine.

Also one other thing, does it matter if I have created my own account, in other words, I'm not using the default "Outlook E-mail" account that is available in the accounts menu but one I set up directly to my websites e-mail server address?

This seems to be a perfectly available typical option so it would seem odd that this feature would be left out just because I did this but I just thought I would ask.

Thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

If your mail is displaying in the little envelope you can swipe up or down to go to the next message... However, if you have opened the first email in the folder and it's displaying in full screen you have to swipe right to left for the next message and obviously left to right for the previous (depending on which message you are viewing)
If you reach the last message and you swipe again... You will end up back at the envelope view.
Hope that helps.
p.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes you should be able to without opening email, But it opens it so easily, it's hard to do.

Try to do a longer quick swipe starting at the far top or far bottom(around the email tab so it doesn't switch tabs), one of the TP2 downfalls, not having a D-pad.

Last edited by Primenall; 01-08-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well I just tried it again and I can't get it to work.

I can switch accounts NP

I can open a mail with just a tap, NP

Now that you guys have told me I have tried it and with a mail open, with a left to right swipe I can move from mail to mail, and in that mode I can scroll up and down the mail fine.

But as far as in just the preview mode (one with the little crooked envelope) I cannot progress from what ever the first e-mail that is displayed to the next no matter how much I swipe up and down, and either with my figure or the stylist and with any amount of pressure or degree of swipe amount or angle.

Note a left to right swipe no matter at what height, will flip to next tab.

If I had to best describe this it would seem to me to be completely deactivated, although I don't know how I could have done this.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-08-2010, 03:10 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I never knew you could do this! Cool! lol
Old 01-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well I don't know how but all of a sudden I seem to be able to do this.

From what I see and its really great that they don't indicate this some how, but its best if you want to flip from the first to the last to start by placing your finger just below the "V" of the container envelope and flip up with your finger gliding across the message.

Then if you want to go in reverse, place your finger just above the top of the open letters and swipe down gliding across it kinda like in the reverse of the above directions.

From what I see anything outside of those motions or areas doesn't seem to work.

Thanks all.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:20 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Mine flicks downward. I got the no envelope mod applied though and Im on sprint. Good stuff either way.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

any to classify the email as "read" once ive swiped it via touchflo? cuz even tho u can "preview them" they arent marked as read untill u actually open them, or manually mark them as read.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2