PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   New 6.5 Start Menu in TF3D? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105293)

InfrnalSky 01-08-2010 11:39 AM

New 6.5 Start Menu in TF3D?

Hey everybody,

I just downloaded the new official 6.5 ROM from Verizon and was looking forward to having the 6.5 Start Menu. However, when in TF3D, I still get the HTC Start Menu.

Is there a way to get the official 6.5 Start Menu while in TF3D instead of the HTC Start Menu?

BTW, I did a search both in XDA and here and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

Eddie

CellGuy 01-08-2010 11:55 AM

Re: New 6.5 Start Menu in TF3D?

Without a screen shot, gonna be hard to know exactly what you are talking about.

phatal 01-08-2010 11:55 AM

I'm not quite following your question.
You mean you just want to disable TF3D and use Windows default (Titanium) interface?

You've always been able to do that. Nothing special about the new VZW ROM. Just go to Settings tab -> All settings soft key (lower left) -> Today menu -> Items tab -> DEselect HTC Sense and SELECT Windows Default.

Is that what you wanted to do?

havox22 01-08-2010 12:01 PM

no he wants to use the default start menu (honeycomb) instead of the htc/tf3d 1 thats pretty much like the programs tab...no i dont no how, i've never used a rom that came like that but ill look around

EDIT: looking in the registy i found this i havent tried it but it loooks like it should do the trick
Registry edit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ HTC\EnlargeMenu:EnableManilaStartMenu - Set to 0.

InfrnalSky 01-08-2010 12:53 PM

I apologize for the poorly worded post, however, havox22's suggest worked perfectly. Thank you VERY much!

djsteve 01-08-2010 02:08 PM

I was wondering this as well, registry edit above worked like a charm! Does anyone else hate the stock start menu as much as me?

aznmode 01-08-2010 07:44 PM

I don't like the honeycomb style start menu and prefer the program tab style menu. I'm not sure what the stock is on verizon but I have Sprint. I'm using manila 2.5 now and wouldn't mind having the program tab style back.

Deimoss 01-08-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 1472292)
I don't like the honeycomb style start menu and prefer the program tab style menu. I'm not sure what the stock is on verizon but I have Sprint. I'm using manila 2.5 now and wouldn't mind having the program tab style back.

not sure if Manila 2.5 has that reg key, change it from 0 to 1 and soft reset and see if it brings it back.

aznmode 01-08-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deimoss (Post 1472370)
not sure if Manila 2.5 has that reg key, change it from 0 to 1 and soft reset and see if it brings it back.

I've actually checked before I posted but it's no where in the registry.

msh441 01-09-2010 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres a cab that I used... I did not make it, but am only passing it along.

It creates a Programs tab in Sence 2.1 titled "My Applications". This tab has the 3x10 icon grid that you currently see when pressing the start menu. You can choose in the settings to show or hide this tab. It then allows the standard WinMo 6.5 honeycomb grid of programs when you press the start button.

Hope this helps. :occasion5:

Now, does anyone know how to chance the HTC "My Applications" grid to four across in a row? I know how to do it with the Windows menues, but not on the HTC programs tap added with this cab, or seen when pressing the start menu. Help would be appreciated.