PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 08:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

wildcard is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM 6.1 Touch Pro2 -> Notifications

after I am done with a phone call, very often, the notifcations screen will be open. This is very annoying because then I have to close it. Anyone know why it does this or how to fix it?

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2009, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: WM 6.1 Touch Pro2 -> Notifications

Disable Notification

HKLM\Services\NOTIFICATIONMANAGER\Flags. It should be 0 by default - change it to 4.
This stops the HTC notification manager running and restores the default WM functionality.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kcrlshell is a n00b

I clicked the "thanks" button, but I wanted to actually write THANK YOU for this, Boo Boo. That HTC Notification Manager kept turning off the WM text message pop up screen and I wanted to find out how to disable it without installing that giant tweaks package (which is lovely, but does too many things I didn't want). Took a while to find your post, but it's just what I needed!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kcrlshell is a n00b

Follow up question:

Since doing this I've had a couple of instances where a notification pop up doesn't pop up properly (so I can dismiss - snooze - whatever) and then the icon for it gets stuck in the task bar and cannot be cleared. for most notifications, tapping on the icon brings the pop up bubble back, but apparently not all.

Once it was an Alarm from the native alarm clock. Not only was the bell icon stuck up there, but the green LED was stuck in flashing mode too. and once the sms sent notification. I was able to soft reset to clear it on the task bar and in the case of the alarm, I had to reset that alarm time and get a new alarm notification to pop up and that cleared the blinking LED.

So my question is why 4? Is that the number of different notification types that can be recalled from the task bar? Or is 4 just the "number" for WM native notifications?

Or...does anyone know another means of fixing this stuck icon that won't recall the notification bubbles?

Thanks
Shell

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2