PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What would your fantasy TP3 be like? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105229)

pesok 01-08-2010 12:27 AM

What would your fantasy TP3 be like?

Since HD2 has gone to TMo time to dream up a new Sprint TP3:)
Using the existing(and not over the top-translation :actually possible/probable and HTC-like) parts what would be your TP3 be like?

UPDATE: the added/removed/modified things will be in this color, original post will be in old, keep suggestions coming and WE TOGETHER WILL BUILD A PERFECT PPCGEEKS TP3:), please remember to make sensible and HTC-like suggestions(no 16core 5Thz cpus please)

Here is mine:
01) Qualcomm 1.3GHz QSD8650A or dual-core 1.5GHz 8X72

02) 2GB RAM (DDR2/4), some feel that 1gb would be more than enough

03) 1GB ROM

04) 4.3" WXGA (1280x768 ) changeable(to play old games:)) resolution (keeping 5:3 as TP2) capacitive with
multitouch(but including capacitive stylus)

05) (if possible/needed(depends on qualcomm set above)) dedicated 3d accelerator(like nexuschips or NVidia ION 2)

06) 1gb internal storage(dont see need for more just get better microsdhc), some voted for bigger
internal storage(up to 64gb)(which will kack up the price significantly)

07) Slide out keyboard from TP2(why improve on perfect?) click-tiltable to 90

08 ) 5mp(why have more on mobile device?) camera with Carl Zeiss optical lens and slide cover(tired of smudges on
lens+time to improve on HTC's notorious bad optics) with ISO 1600 setting(and working this time)
and 720p minimum video recording

09) Dual LED flash (flashlight is back!!!)

10) all the usual(gps, BT 2.1+, WIFI, light/prox/stylus sensors, 3.5mm jack, microSD slot(up to 32gb))

11) microUSB connector(instead of mini), many of us have craploads of mini USB cables/charges and
voted to keep miniUSB, unfortunatly microUSB is a standard now so i doubt HTC will make any more miniUSB
phones

12) same dual speaker and dual mic setup as on TP2(again why mess with perfect)

13) Optional PICO projector (a la LG Expo), again - optional and will not add to price or bulkiness of
main unit, dont want it dont buy it, but nice to have that option for those that do

14) thinner than tp2(i am sure it is possible)

15) front facing 1.3mp camera(for US as well)

16) Dual boot Android and Windows mobile 7(these specs meet the requirements i think) - no HTC Manilla but the rest
of HTC stuff(player/weather/youtube)

17) IR with good range(miss that from HTC Wizard- makes good remote)

18 ) FM radio chip

19) Digital compass

20) Include in package(at least 4 of these): charger(car/house),headphones with mic and controls(volume and
audio), micro USB to USB cable, BT adapter for pc(for gods sake they are like $2 on dealextreme-include them),
minimal packaging with biodegradable(corn starch) bags, full body protection film(a la bodyguardz), Pleather belt
holster with dual magnets, TV-OUT cable

What would you add/remove/change (provide the number from above(or add if adding)).

P.S. yes i am killing time in airport:)

jer07734 01-08-2010 12:30 AM

Re: What would your fantasy TP3 be like?

...damn...

nirvanafreak919 01-08-2010 12:43 AM

I would have to agree with you, those are pretty amazing specs. Unfortunately unlikely, but definatly would be a phone id buy in a heart beat. I am one for a huge screen, literally bigger the better. I would even like one bigger than the touch pro 2 for sure.

quick99si 01-08-2010 01:12 AM

Well the TP2 came out with the $350 (after rebate) price point, and it maintains that price to this day... I'd expect carriers to raise that a bit if that fantasty phone were to be released in 2010. Maybe $749 after $250 rebate?

A damn near perfect device otherwise.

kitts 01-08-2010 01:24 AM

These specs are perfect, that any manufacuturer would take to build it. If they do, they wont have anything else to build for atleast couple of years..

But hey, any single company, come forward, take the challenge, and get it right... with proper marketing.. hum.. I m just dreaming...

newone757 01-08-2010 01:25 AM

2 gb ram?? WHY?? i dont even think there is a phone with more then 512 available now and there is only a couple if that. 2gb ram on phone is too over the top and would make the price ridiculous. Most netbooks dont even pack 2gb ram lol. 1gb is more than enough for a phone and double anything on the market now

digiblur 01-08-2010 01:38 AM

What's wrong with the USB connection it has now? I've got tons of these standard USB cables around the house from other phones, MP3 players, etc...never have a problem finding cable or place for quick charge no matter where I am at as everyone else seems to have a cable to fit my phone.

newone757 01-08-2010 01:43 AM

yeah i dont see the advantage of micro over mini usb either. but micro will soon be standard *sigh

trids 01-08-2010 01:52 AM

In addition to the proposed specs above (numbers not relative) ..
  1. More hardkeys, programmable for long press, double press etc, as per current Rhodium Keyboard Controller.
  2. Not sold on capacitive screens - I like the precision of TP2's resistive screen.
  3. Double vote for IR, customisable resolution, LED flash.
  4. Enabled FM Radio that does not require headphones to be plugged in.
  5. Definitely better camera - there ARE people who would appreciate the value of a higher resolution than 5MP :wink:
  6. Better video recording AND playback (OEM Core Player)
  7. No PICO projector for me, it would be a white elephant.
  8. TP2 in my country doesn't have 3.5mm jack .. needed badly!
  9. OEM equivalent of ActiveSync for Linux desktop synching. Seamless would be great (ie. collaborate with Linux distros).
  10. SDK onboard or with accompanying CD: OEM Basic4PPC, or even better, a version of Python with all necessary GUI addons.
  11. Biometric user-authentication (supported by alternative PIN access).

newone757 01-08-2010 02:00 AM

+1 on OEM coreplayer like the tg01

better camera definitely but higher mp doesnt really count for much, the pre's camera blows any phone camera ive seen available in US out of the water and its only 3 mp

id rather have smaller,clear,crisper pics than big,oversized,distorted,pixelated,dark andburry ones