PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 05:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What would your fantasy TP3 be like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
o god no, no more recessed screens. remember trying to hit the X on programs with your finger on a mogul or 6700?? uggh
\
bad call
Yeah, those phones are too recessed. How about 1/16th of an inch? Just enough to protect the screen a little in a fall
Old 01-08-2010, 06:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by obamaftw08 View Post
i have yet to hear back from any of my friends who have iphones when i challenge them to a who can swap out their battery first contest.
How about the who can use the stylus to reset the phone cause its frozen contest??
Old 01-08-2010, 06:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

-Form factor of HD2 with a sliding tiltable keyboard
-Tegra 2 (instead of the HD2's Snapdragon)
-1060x600 (or better) resolution. (For a better internet experience, like browsing the web on a netbook)
-Slightly larger keyboard than the TP2
-PSP sized nub/joystick on the left side for gaming
-4 mappable buttons on the right side, and 2 trigger buttons (One could be used for camera, and the other for TellMe) also for gaming
-Front mounted VGA camera
-Dual flash for rear camera
-FM transmitter/receiver
-512MB+ RAM/1GB+ ROM
-Decent IR
-SDXC support (For HD playback/recording)
-Micro USB (With support for things like an HDMI adapter)

What sucks is that this device is easily doable, but will never see the light of day
Old 01-08-2010, 06:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro, diamond, touch pro2, bb 9650
Carrier: sprint

CnDm111 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
Here's mine:
01) Quadcore 3.X processor. LOL
02) 6GB RAM
03) 6"screen capacitive with multitouch(but including capacitive stylus)
04) a graphics card like my laptop. lol
05) 32gb internal storage (F it, go big or go home)
06) Slide out keyboard like TP2
07) 10mp
08 ) Dual LED flash
09) all the usual(gps, BT 2.1+, WIFI, light/prox/stylus sensors, 3.5mm jack, SD slot-not micro)
10) same usb plug
11) same dual speaker and dual mic setup as on TP2(again why mess with perfect)
12) Optional PICO projector (a la LG Expo)
13) thinner than tp2(i am sure it is possible)
14) front facing 3.2mp camera
15) Dual boot Android and Windows mobile 7(these specs meet the requirements i think)
16) IR with good range(miss that from HTC Wizard- makes good remote)
17) hdmi port
11080p resolution on video recorder
19) and a insane battery that's not huge in size

there's more....I just don't feel like typing.
+1 lmao

Last edited by CnDm111; 01-08-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOvoruhk View Post
-Form factor of HD2 with a sliding tiltable keyboard
-Tegra 2 (instead of the HD2's Snapdragon)
-1060x600 (or better) resolution. (For a better internet experience, like browsing the web on a netbook)
-Slightly larger keyboard than the TP2
-PSP sized nub/joystick on the left side for gaming
-4 mappable buttons on the right side, and 2 trigger buttons (One could be used for camera, and the other for TellMe) also for gaming
-Front mounted VGA camera
-Dual flash for rear camera
-FM transmitter/receiver
-512MB+ RAM/1GB+ ROM
-Decent IR
-SDXC support (For HD playback/recording)
-Micro USB (With support for things like an HDMI adapter)

What sucks is that this device is easily doable, but will never see the light of day
eventually we will see something like this.adding each feature to a new device 1 by 1.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
eventually we will see something like this.adding each feature to a new device 1 by 1.
Problem is, HTC seems to always take a few steps backwards with each new device as well
Old 01-08-2010, 07:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
Since HD2 has gone to TMo time to dream up a new Sprint TP3
Using the existing(and not over the top-translation :actually possible/probable and HTC-like) parts what would be your TP3 be like?

Here is mine:
01) Qualcomm 1.3GHz QSD8650A
02) 2GB RAM (DDR2/4)
03) 4.3" WXGA (1280x768 ) changeable(to play old games) resolution (keeping 5:3 as TP2) capacitive with multitouch(but including capacitive stylus)
04) (if possible/needed(depends on qualcomm set above)) dedicated 3d accelerator(like nexuschips or NVidia ION 2)
05) 1gb internal storage(dont see need for more just get better microsdhc)
06) Slide out keyboard from TP2(why improve on perfect?) click-tiltable to 90
07) 5mp(why have more on mobile device?) camera with Carl Zeiss optical lens and slide cover(tired of smudges on lens+time to improve on HTC's notorious bad optics) with ISO 1600 setting(and working this time)
0 Dual LED flash (flashlight is back!!!)
09) all the usual(gps, BT 2.1+, WIFI, light/prox/stylus sensors, 3.5mm jack, microSD slot(up to 32gb))
10) micro USB connector(instead of mini)
14) front facing 1.3mp camera(for US as well)
15) Dual boot Android and Windows mobile 7(these specs meet the requirements i think) - no HTC Manilla but the rest of HTC stuff(player/weather/youtube)
17) Include in package(at least 4 of these): charger(car/house),headphones with mic and controls(volume and audio), micro USB to USB cable, BT adapter for pc(for gods sake they are like $2 on dealextreme-include them), minimal packaging with biodegradable(corn starch) bags, full body protection film(a la bodyguardz), Pleather belt holster with dual magnets, TV-OUT cable

What would you add/remove/change (provide the number from above(or add if adding)).

P.S. yes i am killing time in airport
I'd prolly do without 2, 10, 12, and 15(Dual Booting would be a little ridiculous for a phone, maybe if it were a Netbook) But I'd add on a hardware D-Pad and return of the Camera Button. The buttons on the Mogul weren't bad. Maybe have the D-Pad under a dual slider?
Old 01-08-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch pro 2

jathomas0910 is a n00b

I think you have it down packed, but I think 1gb of ram if perfect, but more rom at least 8gb but I would love 64gb

I like having the option of either Android or Windows mobile

4in to 4.3in display OLED

Stereo speakers, tp2 is fine but if they can make it louder and HD then I say go for it

love the tp2 keyboard

at least an 5mp camera...the nexus is very nice and shoot 720p video

separate graphics processor

Dual core snapdragon

Full all in one media player that can play full HD video, maybe even an ZuneHD app that when you launch it,it looks like the Zune HD and can do everything the ZuneHD can do, even sync all your downloaded media from the Zune marketplace via wifi like the zune players

just improve on the Opera browser

much better power management, like 8hr talk time, and 500hr standby on CDMA

lighter and a lil thinner

internal backup battery like the old Ipaqs, so you don't have to restart you phone when the main battery dries

VOIP app with profile for like Vonage, or Gizmo5

Wifi calling like T-mobile UMD phones

USB host

Digital compass

front facing camera for video calling and video chat

world phone with WiMax

Social network plugins, like one app that is completely integrated in the OS, Synced with contacts and you can add plugins for like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Youtube, and so on, that way your not running 5 different apps.

Push To Talk for Sprint

Voice and data simultaneously

HD Radio with built in antenna

I can't think of anything else for me,
Old 01-08-2010, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch pro 2

jathomas0910 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
Since HD2 has gone to TMo time to dream up a new Sprint TP3
Using the existing(and not over the top-translation :actually possible/probable and HTC-like) parts what would be your TP3 be like?

Here is mine:
01) Qualcomm 1.3GHz QSD8650A
02) 2GB RAM (DDR2/4)
03) 4.3" WXGA (1280x768 ) changeable(to play old games) resolution (keeping 5:3 as TP2) capacitive with multitouch(but including capacitive stylus)
04) (if possible/needed(depends on qualcomm set above)) dedicated 3d accelerator(like nexuschips or NVidia ION 2)
05) 1gb internal storage(dont see need for more just get better microsdhc)
06) Slide out keyboard from TP2(why improve on perfect?) click-tiltable to 90
07) 5mp(why have more on mobile device?) camera with Carl Zeiss optical lens and slide cover(tired of smudges on lens+time to improve on HTC's notorious bad optics) with ISO 1600 setting(and working this time)
0 Dual LED flash (flashlight is back!!!)
09) all the usual(gps, BT 2.1+, WIFI, light/prox/stylus sensors, 3.5mm jack, microSD slot(up to 32gb))
10) micro USB connector(instead of mini)
14) front facing 1.3mp camera(for US as well)
15) Dual boot Android and Windows mobile 7(these specs meet the requirements i think) - no HTC Manilla but the rest of HTC stuff(player/weather/youtube)
17) Include in package(at least 4 of these): charger(car/house),headphones with mic and controls(volume and audio), micro USB to USB cable, BT adapter for pc(for gods sake they are like $2 on dealextreme-include them), minimal packaging with biodegradable(corn starch) bags, full body protection film(a la bodyguardz), Pleather belt holster with dual magnets, TV-OUT cable

What would you add/remove/change (provide the number from above(or add if adding)).

P.S. yes i am killing time in airport
Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
2 gb ram?? WHY?? i dont even think there is a phone with more then 512 available now and there is only a couple if that. 2gb ram on phone is too over the top and would make the price ridiculous. Most netbooks dont even pack 2gb ram lol. 1gb is more than enough for a phone and double anything on the market now
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedeer View Post
I'd prolly do without 2, 10, 12, and 15(Dual Booting would be a little ridiculous for a phone, maybe if it were a Netbook) But I'd add on a hardware D-Pad and return of the Camera Button. The buttons on the Mogul weren't bad. Maybe have the D-Pad under a dual slider?
Yeah bring the D pad back or at least they can put one on the slide out keyboard.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

I don't know...maybe DDR3

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2