PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 02:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What would your fantasy TP3 be like?

Here's mine:
01) Quadcore 3.X processor. LOL
02) 6GB RAM
03) 6"screen capacitive with multitouch(but including capacitive stylus)
04) a graphics card like my laptop. lol
05) 32gb internal storage (F it, go big or go home)
06) Slide out keyboard like TP2
07) 10mp
08 ) Dual LED flash
09) all the usual(gps, BT 2.1+, WIFI, light/prox/stylus sensors, 3.5mm jack, SD slot-not micro)
10) same usb plug
11) same dual speaker and dual mic setup as on TP2(again why mess with perfect)
12) Optional PICO projector (a la LG Expo)
13) thinner than tp2(i am sure it is possible)
14) front facing 3.2mp camera
15) Dual boot Android and Windows mobile 7(these specs meet the requirements i think)
16) IR with good range(miss that from HTC Wizard- makes good remote)
17) hdmi port
11080p resolution on video recorder
19) and a insane battery that's not huge in size

there's more....I just don't feel like typing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi
Carrier: Sprint

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

bring on the unicorns and pixie dust lmao
Old 01-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Welcome to the real world:
Im watching HTC apps and MS Win. Mo. development and all I see is they are trying to get as close as possible to iphone.Its like they dont have their own brains or something lol.
If you want to see TP3-look at iphone .My friend impressed me with his iphone.
Sad, but true. (thats why everybody hated iphone ) including me lol.
Of course thanks to all developers and chiefs for making it better.But the way that shipped ROM comes on TP2 is just sucks.
Dang,its post #13 lol

Last edited by vin255764; 01-08-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

laymanspc is keeping up the good worklaymanspc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Well the TP2 came out with the $350 (after rebate) price point, and it maintains that price to this day...
Depends on carrier. US Cellular just gave thousands of them away during their four day sale at the end of November. They charged like $60 or $70, but with MIR it zeroed out, totally free with a two year contract.

(and does way more right out of the box than an iphone)

Last edited by laymanspc; 01-08-2010 at 03:38 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by laymanspc View Post
Depends on carrier. US Cellular just gave thousands of them away during their four day sale at the end of November. They charged like $60 or $70, but with MIR it zeroed out, totally free with a two year contract.

(and does way more right out of the box than an iphone)
You could (and still can right now) get a free T-Mobile Touch Pro 2 from http://wmdeals.com/ (and they will even give you $100 for your old phone).

Plus, letstalk is giving the Tilt 2 away (AT&T's Touch Pro 2) for free.

The deals are out there if you look.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
Since HD2 has gone to TMo time to dream up a new Sprint TP3
Using the existing(and not over the top-translation :actually possible/probable and HTC-like) parts what would be your TP3 be like?

Here is mine:
01) Qualcomm 1.3GHz QSD8650A
02) 2GB RAM (DDR2/4)
03) 4.3" WXGA (1280x768 ) changeable(to play old games) resolution (keeping 5:3 as TP2) capacitive with multitouch(but including capacitive stylus)
04) (if possible/needed(depends on qualcomm set above)) dedicated 3d accelerator(like nexuschips or NVidia ION 2)
05) 1gb internal storage(dont see need for more just get better microsdhc)
06) Slide out keyboard from TP2(why improve on perfect?) click-tiltable to 90
07) 5mp(why have more on mobile device?) camera with Carl Zeiss optical lens and slide cover(tired of smudges on lens+time to improve on HTC's notorious bad optics) with ISO 1600 setting(and working this time)
0 Dual LED flash (flashlight is back!!!)
09) all the usual(gps, BT 2.1+, WIFI, light/prox/stylus sensors, 3.5mm jack, microSD slot(up to 32gb))
10) micro USB connector(instead of mini)
11) same dual speaker and dual mic setup as on TP2(again why mess with perfect)
12) Optional PICO projector (a la LG Expo)
13) thinner than tp2(i am sure it is possible)
14) front facing 1.3mp camera(for US as well)
15) Dual boot Android and Windows mobile 7(these specs meet the requirements i think) - no HTC Manilla but the rest of HTC stuff(player/weather/youtube)
16) IR with good range(miss that from HTC Wizard- makes good remote)
17) Include in package(at least 4 of these): charger(car/house),headphones with mic and controls(volume and audio), micro USB to USB cable, BT adapter for pc(for gods sake they are like $2 on dealextreme-include them), minimal packaging with biodegradable(corn starch) bags, full body protection film(a la bodyguardz), Pleather belt holster with dual magnets, TV-OUT cable

What would you add/remove/change (provide the number from above(or add if adding)).

P.S. yes i am killing time in airport
Excellent list. The only things I would change are add an FM transmitter (that works even when online) so I can stream or play my own music in anyone's car, a 1080p video camera with image stabilization and some sort of zoom, photo and video editing software, keep the mini USB connection but add USB host functionality so I can hook up an external hard drive, HDTV output (either the component or HDMI), and put some speakers on the front (in addition to the existing ones) for the alarm (so it doesn't get muffled when you sit it down). Oh yeah, and a digital compass.

Microsoft should make that phone. That would totally blow the Google phone out of the water. I'd buy it the second they would sell it to me.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

yall are just naming features from high end laptops now
Old 01-08-2010, 05:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Buttons, IR, and slightly recessed screen back, like the Mogul had, but all the latest and greatest of everything else. Also, 2 memory card slots.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

o god no, no more recessed screens. remember trying to hit the X on programs with your finger on a mogul or 6700?? uggh
\
bad call
Old 01-08-2010, 05:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Welcome to the real world:
Im watching HTC apps and MS Win. Mo. development and all I see is they are trying to get as close as possible to iphone.Its like they dont have their own brains or something lol.
If you want to see TP3-look at iphone .My friend impressed me with his iphone.
Sad, but true. (thats why everybody hated iphone ) including me lol.
Of course thanks to all developers and chiefs for making it better.But the way that shipped ROM comes on TP2 is just sucks.
Dang,its post #13 lol
i have yet to hear back from any of my friends who have iphones when i challenge them to a who can swap out their battery first contest.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2