PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   is the mugen battery worth it? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105224)

CaliBoyPhillip 01-07-2010 11:57 PM

is the mugen battery worth it?

I have a question, is the mugen 3200 battery worth it? overall is it worth it? how much longer does it really last than overall having some simple spare 1500mah ebay ones :D?

Unknown Zone 01-08-2010 12:27 AM

Re: is the mugen battery worth it?

Well if you dont mind it looking like a brick, which I did not mind I wanted long lasting power and for my TP1 it was well worth it, then having to have a charger with you all the time like a life line which I needed with the org battery.

Now the TP2 seems to have a better battery life so right now I am holding off in buying one, but it all depends on how a person uses their device and the effect it will have on the battery.

I say go for it again if you dont mind the look.

pesok 01-08-2010 12:31 AM

just get a spare 2kmah battery for less than $10 shipped from this thread and no need to bulk up your phone(its fat as is) and you will have your 3.5kmah total:)

CaliBoyPhillip 01-08-2010 12:32 AM

I mind do it, I have a small request to someone who may have a mugen for the tp2, can you take a picture of the tp2 with stock battery and cover and then the mugen with its cover for me? thanks! I might buy it since I usually go out at times and can't be asked to switch batteries. thanks.

@ pesok, something about those batteries I don't trust at times =s

ajac 01-08-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip (Post 1470011)
I mind do it, I have a small request to someone who may have a mugen for the tp2, can you take a picture of the tp2 with stock battery and cover and then the mugen with its cover for me? thanks! I might buy it since I usually go out at times and can't be asked to switch batteries. thanks.

@ pesok, something about those batteries I don't trust at times =s

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=74

and my lasted over 36 hours the other day... with heavy usage about 3 hours on the phone 100-200 texts checking email on 2 accounts every 15 minutes rss feeds every hour weather checking every 15 minutes and browsing the web when I was to lazy to use the computer lol

CaliBoyPhillip 01-08-2010 01:14 AM

Thanks! hm dam that does look a bit fat than i thought.... Having a hard time now hahaha =P fitting that thing into my pants would make it look a bit fatty in my pocket ;) unless i was to wear some baggy jeans.

TheBundo 01-08-2010 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajac (Post 1470087)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=74

and my lasted over 36 hours the other day... with heavy usage about 3 hours on the phone 100-200 texts checking email on 2 accounts every 15 minutes rss feeds every hour weather checking every 15 minutes and browsing the web when I was to lazy to use the computer lol

Good photos. 3 questions:

1. Does the cover seem more rugged? My stock one cracked in the narrow area by the stylus.

2. Is the mute button working as easy as before?

3. A long shot, but is the camera lens any better (or worse because of the distance from the CCD)? How do the photos / videos compare?

lipidfats 01-08-2010 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pesok (Post 1470005)
just get a spare 2kmah battery for less than $10 shipped from this thread and no need to bulk up your phone(its fat as is) and you will have your 3.5kmah total:)

something doesnt seem right about a 2k battery that fits under the regular cover. too big of a jump and it's also from ebay. and reading some of the newer pots on that thread, it seems the battery life isn't even on par with the stock 1500 battery... i'd hate to stick that in my phone.

seidio offers one that's 1750. i'm still wondering how that one compares to default. since you guys seem to be keeping up with 3rd party batteries, have any of you heard anything about it?

the mugen battery is a beast btw. i wish it could be slightly less bulky.

etphone 01-08-2010 07:45 AM

I have this very battery and it is awesome. I can go 5 days before I need to recharge, that is running 3 different emails all being checked every ten minutes, web surfing, and around an hour to an hour and a half of talk time every day. So in my book it is well worth the extra money and worth the extra size.

jmorton10 01-08-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 1470477)
seidio offers one that's 1750. i'm still wondering how that one compares to default. .

I have used seidio "high capacity" batteries in the past & while they work very well I never found that they last any longer than a stock HTC battery.

I had three seidio's for my older TP's, but decided they where a waste of money for the TP2 & bought an extra stock HTC battery for that.....

~John