PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   cant insert pics in text messages (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105205)

JME 01-07-2010 09:35 PM

cant insert pics in text messages

This is my first post but Ive been reading for two weeks now since getting the touch pro 2 from verizon. Ive already installed mighty rom and the phone is great. My problem is I cant seem to send pics in a text message. When I click on the text option for the contact and then hit menu the "insert" option is not bold allowing me to attach a pic.

What gives? I have unlimited data.

TheBundo 01-07-2010 09:38 PM

Re: cant insert pics in text messages

None of that works good for me either. I just gave up and use email

Eschelon 01-08-2010 01:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You need to install the MMS fix.

Install the attached cab below, then try again.

JME 01-08-2010 06:14 PM

That fixed it Eschelon. Thanks alot! :occasion5:

ChrisH09 01-08-2010 09:14 PM

Any people say that Verizon doesn't disable or remove stuff they don't want the customers to use.....haha...When I was with them it seemed like every phone I had was locked down to the tooth...I moved on to Sprint and I can send images, ringtones all I want...Sorry Verizon coustomers. Shouldn't have to install a 3rd party app to send pictures imhp.

krusty46 01-08-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisH09 (Post 1472531)
Any people say that Verizon doesn't disable or remove stuff they don't want the customers to use.....haha...When I was with them it seemed like every phone I had was locked down to the tooth...I moved on to Sprint and I can send images, ringtones all I want...Sorry Verizon coustomers. Shouldn't have to install a 3rd party app to send pictures imhp.

Sadly that was true of Verzion, but they pretty much left the Touch Pro 2 alone. Everything worked out of the box (GPS comes to mind on my 6700).
I think his problem had more to do with using a custom Rom as I don't believe there were any picture messaging issues on the stock Rom.

kabuk1 01-08-2010 11:42 PM

Thanks Eschelon, this was irritating the hell out of me too.

TheBundo 01-09-2010 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krusty46 (Post 1472563)
Sadly that was true of Verzion, but they pretty much left the Touch Pro 2 alone. Everything worked out of the box (GPS comes to mind on my 6700).
I think his problem had more to do with using a custom Rom as I don't believe there were any picture messaging issues on the stock Rom.

I think you mean the 6800. I don't think any 6700's has GPS