PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 09:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

kawfeegod is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Learnin' to cook

I have been enjoying all the ROMs posted here, but my nature is to see something and learn to do it. Is there a good "getting started" guide to cooking ROMs for the TP2? I have Calkulin's kitchen, what else will I need to get started?
Old 01-06-2010, 11:23 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Re: Learnin' to cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawfeegod View Post
I have been enjoying all the ROMs posted here, but my nature is to see something and learn to do it. Is there a good "getting started" guide to cooking ROMs for the TP2? I have Calkulin's kitchen, what else will I need to get started?
I found this helpful, but have never committed the time to go public yet.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=521632
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Threadstarter

kawfeegod is a n00b

There is some good info in that post, thanks. Where could one find a list of all the various apps and what they do that are included in calks kitchen?
Old 01-07-2010, 11:35 PM
VIP Duck

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawfeegod View Post
There is some good info in that post, thanks. Where could one find a list of all the various apps and what they do that are included in calks kitchen?

If you actually run the kitchen, it let's you pick.

For anything not baked in to the Kitchen, you need to drop OEM files in. There are also some apps for converting cab files to OEM (search).

Click thanks if I helped.

Also, good luck. I hope to one day be using one of your roms...
Old 01-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I've thought about getting into cooking ROMs(that xda post looks like good info), but reading into it, I often think that getting into cooking meth would be easier. There is just so much technical stuff there....oye my head.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 PM
VIP Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh View Post
I've thought about getting into cooking ROMs(that xda post looks like good info), but reading into it, I often think that getting into cooking meth would be easier. There is just so much technical stuff there....oye my head.

It is a big commitment to get started for sure (that is why you do not see a Ninja Duck ROM and I am pretty technical), but I suspect that maintaining it is easier once you get going.

You just need to decide what are you going to bring to the table that is "special"
Old 01-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I think I have tried most of the kitchens out there and for the most part they are pretty simple to use. I think the real key to it is knowing what and what not to mess with. I have done a ton of research on this and for the most part I think it’s pretty safe. It’s just a lot of trial and error.

I am using Silence's kitchen he temporarily let out and have done some pretty cool stuff with, I freed up almost 40MB of ram pulling stuff out that I knew I would never use and instead of adding in a bunch of cabs to get it the way I liked I just cooked in all the manila files from the cabs that I used.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh View Post
I often think that getting into cooking meth would be easier
HA! I read your post and thought...wonder if this guy lives in Missouri...and sure enough!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work

I say try it, I do use my own cooked roms, been using kalc's kitchen and works well. I am getting to the point of modifying some of the stuff now, but the basic kitchen is pretty easy, then convert cabs to oem's or exp's and your good to go. (theres a file I found somewhere that has a good program)

Heres a link to it
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=76576

Old 01-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

u need something special or different! mine is a winmo 6.1 rom with manilla 2.5! i also have made vanilla 6.5 and 6.1 roms with no tf3d

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2