PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2010, 06:19 PM
steven.barkey's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3
Reputation: 0
steven.barkey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Car bluetooth doesnt disconnect call

New to the forums, but not a new forum user by any means.

I have a problem with my HTC and the factory Dodge bluetooth system (uConnect). It has worked with every other phone I have had properly, and it works with the new Motorola Droid. So it's not uConnect.

Here is the problem:
I can answer, initiate, talk, etc with no problems using the uConnect system. It's not until I attempt to disconnect the call via my uConnect controls that I run into problems. Basically, it doesn't work. I have to pull the phone out and disconnect it manually. Minor effort, but annoying none the less.

It seems that uConnect disconnects from the phone, but the kill signal sent to the phone doesn't actually end the call.

Any ideas on how to solve this? third-party software, regedit, etc.?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2010, 06:22 PM
madmax2k1's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 88
Reputation: 60
madmax2k1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Car bluetooth doesnt disconnect call

There is a post about this every other day; please use the SEARCH function on this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2010, 06:38 PM
steven.barkey's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3
Reputation: 0
steven.barkey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Car bluetooth doesnt disconnect call

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2k1 View Post
There is a post about this every other day; please use the SEARCH function on this forum.
Any recommendations on what to SEARCH for? I searched before I posted and found primarily cooked roms. Not exactly what I was looking for at this point.

thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2010, 06:58 PM
madmax2k1's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 88
Reputation: 60
madmax2k1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Car bluetooth doesnt disconnect call

Here's a big thread about it:

Bluetooth will not hang up/disconnect
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2010, 06:59 PM
dodgeboy's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Berkley, MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 155
Reputation: 80
dodgeboy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Car bluetooth doesnt disconnect call

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven.barkey View Post
Any recommendations on what to SEARCH for? I searched before I posted and found primarily cooked roms. Not exactly what I was looking for at this point.

thanks.
Unfortunately that's pretty much your only solution at this point. Unless some of the newly leaked official 6.5 ROMs fix it.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:06 PM
steven.barkey's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3
Reputation: 0
steven.barkey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Car bluetooth doesnt disconnect call

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
Unfortunately that's pretty much your only solution at this point. Unless some of the newly leaked official 6.5 ROMs fix it.
Hate to be an annoyance, but I have always steered clear of re-flashing a phone. Stupid little "What-If" guy on my shoulder always keeps me at bay.

Say I were to flash my phone, which out would I use? There is so many its overwhelming. I've read about Mighty, but I'm no expert when it comes to this.

I'm using TP2 on Verizon network. Currently running 6.1 version.

Not looking for anything elaborate in terms of a response, just maybe a link to a thread to follow...

TIA.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2010, 07:25 PM
madmax2k1's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 88
Reputation: 60
madmax2k1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Car bluetooth doesnt disconnect call

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven.barkey View Post
Hate to be an annoyance, but I have always steered clear of re-flashing a phone. Stupid little "What-If" guy on my shoulder always keeps me at bay.

Say I were to flash my phone, which out would I use? There is so many its overwhelming. I've read about Mighty, but I'm no expert when it comes to this.

I'm using TP2 on Verizon network. Currently running 6.1 version.

Not looking for anything elaborate in terms of a response, just maybe a link to a thread to follow...

TIA.
Verizon just released their official WM 6.5 update for the TP2; it should fix the bluetooth issue.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
bluetooth, problem, wont disconnect.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com