PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 02:25 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to connect BT-tp2 to desktop 4 G Remote/Pro!?

ok, so i never really used bt...so if you can bear w/ me an shed sum light on this 4 me.
i have a xp home desktop, bought a rocketfish usb/bt plugin, and im trying to use it w/ g remote(free version or demo). so this way i dont have to be attatched w/ usb cord.
im not sure how to setup settings for this to work, i been trying/ messing w/ it an i keep getting connection timeout error.
i would post this in the thread on xda but it seems pretty dead an thought i might get better luck here

thanks 4 any help
Old 01-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

PrettyRican1981 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to connect BT-tp2 to desktop 4 G Remote/Pro!?

in order to get this to on my machine (win7 x64), i had to pair the devices first. install the g-remote software. in the gremote settings make sure you set it to use the ip windows assigned your blue tooth device. using the sprint stock rom, i went to the settings tab, then communications. open the blue tooth settings, make sure bluetooth is enabled and your two devices are paired, click on the last tab, then networking manager. then choose create a private network and continue. you should see the name of your pc in a list of devices, tap it. if successful it should say connected to: your pc name and the mac address its using for its bt device. hit ok to go back to the main bluetooth window. click the second tab to and expand the your device and in the tree of services you should see bluetooth networking with a green dual sided arrow next to it. if not go back and try again. once your all connected fire up your gremote app on your phone, goto settings and create a new profile name it whatever and hit find... it should automatically pull up the bt ip, if you set a password in the profile durring setup on the pc side, enter it. i recommend checking load profile as startup. hit save. and you should be good to go. also make sure you add a rule in your firewall for the gremote app on the pc side, as it will set off your firewall as it did mine (ESET SS 4). also the might be a slight chance your bt device may not be compatible with widcomm bt stack on our tp2s. my kengsiton microusb bt reciever works just fine with it. if you still cant connect, then try searching the forums to see if other people are having compatibility issues with your rocketfish device as many people are having problems with widcomm bt stack. as an added side note, gremote was the only bt remote control i app was i able to get to work at with my tp2 bt stack. and an additional side note after that is that you can ditch bt altogether and use the 3g/wifi connection to access the server on the host pc if you have the external ip address and forward the necessary ports in your router, and have created an exception in your firewall. i have not been able to get it work with my DDNS yet tho. that is all.

my apologies in advance for non-formatting for niceness/readability/understanding as it is after 6am...just wanted to help ya real quick before i pass out, good luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2