PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

av8nwithtouch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation TP2 works for a day then rqrs reboot and freezes

Hi folks,

I've got a Telus TP2 that I've had since September. The other day I decided to unlock the HSPL and flash up Mighty's ROM.

So I used the unlocker and instructions found here

(it appears I'm not known enough here to post links but the thread found under CDMA Touch Pro 2 upgrades, top sticky)

and installed the previous ROM from Mighty, I think 12/27. I went stock->HSPL->mighty

Everything seemed to install ok, the phone worked fine for about a day then started getting buggy. So I soft reset it and at first it stuck on the orange Winmo bootscreen, then I soft reset it again and it wouldn't boot past the initial TouchPro 2 bootscreen where it shows the radio and stuff.

I went from that to the bootloader mode and installed the newest Mighty ROM and it was the same story. The phone works fine for a day and then gets buggy -> soft reset and it gets stuck on the boot screen. It just keeps happening and I have to hard reset the phone.

Now I see some people suggesting to go back to the stock ROM and relock the phone, start all over again for this type of scenario but I know the Telus stock ROM found here is unsigned. So is this even an option?

Anybody have any ideas on how I can get past this?

Thanks
Shawn
Old 01-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

av8nwithtouch is a n00b
Re: TP2 works for a day then rqrs reboot and freezes

If anybody has a similar issue the following seems to have fixed mine.

->I flashed back to a stock ROM. I'm with Telus but flashed the Verizon ROM as the Telus one is unsigned.

->I relocked the HSPL on the phone

->unlocked the HSPL

->flashed Mighty's Sense UI ROM 01/04 and it's been free of the issue for a couple days now.

I am now dealing with a "your text message cannot be sent" message and my texts are acting possesed.. not sending or sending multiple times. I think I'm just going to hard reset but if anyone else has any ideas please let me know.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Sorry to say but sometimes that's what you get when you unlock your phone and install a non supported ROM that has been altered by a select user. I see people in these forums that constantly have issues with these ROM's...Some have luck too...but I've always stated that running a stock ROM is your best bet. I know you probably don't want to hear that but it's the honest truth...9/10 times your phone will work like it did originally..Also, check to see if the ROM your running is made for the Telus network..most of them on here are for Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile and At&t...Just figured I would pass that along.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

av8nwithtouch is a n00b

Thanks for your input Chris. The ROM is supposed to work fine with a Telus TP2. I'll probably try a hard reset for now, maybe a couple other ROMS. If no luck I'll go back to the stock.

Cheers!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

might be something your installing i would suggest flashing to stock shipped then hard reset then go to the custom rom as mighty stated in his previous release.also,remember to hard reset after every flash.watch the last thing you install sometimes can be the cause.i was flashing like a mad man and never experienced such things might be lucky or what not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2