PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jokergp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best stable rom??

Well i just recieved my touch Pro 2 NIB, i realized that the stock rom buggy too slow and the 2016 txt mssg bother me so i was wondering whats the best stable rom out there?? both WM 6.1 and 6.5 for sprint
Old 01-07-2010, 01:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Skippy38 is a n00b
Re: Best stable rom??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokergp View Post
Well i just recieved my touch Pro 2 NIB, i realized that the stock rom buggy too slow and the 2016 txt mssg bother me so i was wondering whats the best stable rom out there?? both WM 6.1 and 6.5 for sprint

My advice is read the forum and then decided on two or three different one run them and see what you like. What I like may not be for you and vice verse. That's the beauty of Flashing if you don't like something you can change it.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78089
Old 01-07-2010, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Best 6.5 ROM's, not necc in order, Malatesta, Mighty and JD's. All work well with Sprint, are fast and stable.
edit: should have said best for a stable "stock looking" rom good for a noob to get started with.

Last edited by fishingmedic; 01-07-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jokergp is a n00b

see i am not looking for anything specific i just want my tp2 run smooth without alot gliches or crashes, i dont want rom that going to mkae my TP2 get stuck or lose my calls or my txt massages
Old 01-07-2010, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Ronny71 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I've run many of them ...Tops is Mighty Mike's and Juicy's...
But I do like the NRGZ28's Energy Rom now with Dusk Manilla ...Runs great and now has Landscape and Picture Mail Support...Waiting to be able to run the New Dusk Manilla 2.7 or 2.8 Beta on it...They are still wurking on it...But I really like this Rom...The 7 PPC ROM by David Morley is great as well...
Old 01-07-2010, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokergp View Post
see i am not looking for anything specific i just want my tp2 run smooth without alot gliches or crashes, i dont want rom that going to mkae my TP2 get stuck or lose my calls or my txt massages
you could just do your own research and read about users' experience and come to your own conclusions... or not.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jokergp is a n00b

or i can ask and take suggestion
Old 01-07-2010, 06:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro duece
Carrier: sprint pcs

dav1boy is just getting started

oh no not another what rom is best thread..... not bashing, even tho it will come. however, it helps to be a little more specific on what you want from a rom. they all send and receive messages fine even though the whole 2016 issues is a pain. calls are fine on most of them. which version of manila do you want? are there certain features you are looking for? do you want something pre-themed? you have to realize some ppl are biased and it causes a rom war/debate. and others are open minded and will try any rom just to try it.

i recommend just reading up on a few and try it. worse comes to worse you can always go back and reflash what you like. i flash 2-3 roms a day if i feel like it. its all in good fun! thanx ppc for that!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:20 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Definitely go with MightyROM 1/4 release!

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2