PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>6800
Carrier: Sprint

mbartels is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Terrible Problem with Sprint Data/Web Browsers

I am hoping some of you experts can help me. I am new to this phone but have used Windows Mobile for 3-4 years. I am on the stock rom and am using:

1. The clean up cap
2. SPB Shell.
3. Various other (nothing major) software.

My connect with Sprint (#777) seems to connect fine except when I try to open the connection from any of the three (IE, Opera, Skyfire). Here's what happens:

1. With no connection open I open a browser. The browers takes a long time, manages to open the connection, but won't load any internet pages. This is dispute the fact that I can see the connection is open with the seconds connected counting upward. This action essential kills all connections (activesync stops working also) even if they were working prior to my opening a browser.

2. If the data connection is already open when I open a browers everything works great.

So, the question is, any ideas why in the world the browsers don't function propertly unless the data connection is open?

Any solutions you guys can think of? I did the "flags2" hack to show the status of the connection and add a disconnect button but I can't imagine that's the culprit b/c that worked fine on my Mogul and 6700. I also had a certificate installed so I could get work emails from an Exchange server but I don't see how that could change things either.

Thanks!

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2