PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Keyboard light glitch (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105042)

Butokan 01-07-2010 01:09 AM

Keyboard light glitch

Anyone having problems with their keyboard light? Mine stays lit when I'm typing a text. When I'm typing anything else, it glitches by turning off and on randomly even if I'm typing. Is there a fix for this?

Eschelon 01-07-2010 01:13 AM

Re: Keyboard light glitch

There is a light sensor built into the keyboard. If it senses enough light from the sun, lamps, etc.. the keyboard light will shut off, even if you're typing. If the light keeps turning on and off, it's because the sensor keeps going back and forth from sensing not enough light and too much (could even be as much as your hand casting a shadow over the sensor)

japper88 01-07-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschelon (Post 1466845)
There is a light sensor built into the keyboard. If it senses enough light from the sun, lamps, etc.. the keyboard light will shut off, even if you're typing. If the light keeps turning on and off, it's because the sensor keeps going back and forth from sensing not enough light and too much (could even be as much as your hand casting a shadow over the sensor)

where is the light sensor located for the keyboard?

kaz8772 01-07-2010 02:00 AM

You can make it stay on anytime the keyboard is out.

Settings>Personal>Buttons>Backlight and uncheck the sensor.

reyrey127 01-07-2010 02:08 AM

the sensor he is talking about is the light sensor on the front of the phone, not on the keyboard...

i believe...

japper88 01-07-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyrey127 (Post 1467000)
the sensor he is talking about is the light sensor on the front of the phone, not on the keyboard...

i believe...

no i was just wondering what light sensor does the keyboard use to determine brightness? where is that sensor?

Eschelon 01-07-2010 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reyrey127 (Post 1467000)

i believe...

Correct

reyrey127 01-07-2010 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1467007)
no i was just wondering what light sensor does the keyboard use to determine brightness? where is that sensor?

there is only one light sensor.. i think he meant the one on the front of the phone...

slr916ek9 01-07-2010 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butokan (Post 1466828)
Anyone having problems with their keyboard light? Mine stays lit when I'm typing a text. When I'm typing anything else, it glitches by turning off and on randomly even if I'm typing. Is there a fix for this?

haha at first when i had that problem i thought my phone was screwd!..but then i was thinking what could it be so i turn the lights all off and it stayed on..then i turn it back on then glitches very FAST..then i realized the light in the room is not to bright and not to dark so the sensor on the phone just confused of the lighting in the room..YOUR PHONE IS NOT BROKEN just a sensitive sensor..

Butokan 01-07-2010 06:21 AM

I did what kaz8772 said, now the problem is gone. Thanks!