PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 / Evo 4G (Soon)
Carrier: Sprint

BrianRVT is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ford Sync auto reconnect [Update : Partially Solved?]

I recently bought a F150 with the SYNC system. It works great most of the time, but sometimes my phone doesn't automatically connect when I get in the truck. It seems like it is a 50/50 shot. I can usually manually connect it by going into the bluetooth settings on the phone and forcing it to. Trying to reconnect on sync, and it wont work. Which makes me think the phone is staying hidden or something.

Is this a possible phone issue or truck issue? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for your time.

EDIT:

I think I may have figured out part of the problem. When you pair your device it will try to make Hands Free and Bluetooth Audio pairings. If you delete the pairing for the Bluetooth Audio, Handsfree will auto-connect perfectly everytime. This is good enough for me as I dont use Bluetooth Audio. This is on the Mr.X Rom 2/2/10.

Last edited by BrianRVT; 02-11-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17
Re: Ford Sync auto reconnect

i have a 2008 Taurus that reconnects every time. Is ur device in discovery mode? When u paired it, did you check the boxes to allow the Sync system talk to the phone automatically?

Just checking. Good luck!
---- Former Verizon XV6700
Old 01-07-2010, 03:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's spotty on my visor-mounted BlueAnt SuperTooth 3 also
Old 01-07-2010, 04:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

Have ford sync 2010, dosent connect auto most of the time....
Old 01-07-2010, 08:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S2
Carrier: AT&T

zdogtag1 is keeping up the good workzdogtag1 is keeping up the good workzdogtag1 is keeping up the good work

Same thing in my 2010 ford escape. Quite often I have to go into the BT menu on the phone and tell it to connect to the ford sync.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I wonder if this is related to the Wildcomm BT stack vs the MS Bluetooth stack. Anyone know of any ROMs out there running with the MS stack?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:55 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I have a 2009 Focus and am running a ROM I made with Calkulin's kitchen and have no problem with auto reconnect. I think most ROMs are using the updated Widcomm stack from the USC dump that came out a couple of months ago. I had a lot of issues with stock bluetooth, but since the updated stack came out I have had no problems at all with bluetooth and sync.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 01-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17

So, it looks like 2008 & 2009 Sync is fine with reconnecting across roms (MightyRom, Caulkin, ect). But, the 2010 Ford, Lincoln & Mercury vehicles are on an "upgraded" version of Sync, correct?
Old 01-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

I had problems with my 2008 Fusion with the stock rom and windows lock. With a custom ROm I still have times when the phone doesn't link but if I call someone with the phone it will link before the person picks up.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamon17 View Post
So, it looks like 2008 & 2009 Sync is fine with reconnecting across roms (MightyRom, Caulkin, ect). But, the 2010 Ford, Lincoln & Mercury vehicles are on an "upgraded" version of Sync, correct?
Ive been running roms based on the Caulkin's Kitchen for the last couple weeks on my '09 F150 and have had the reconnect issue. So I don't think its a model year problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2