PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Unlock Sprint TP2 GSM = 4+ callers on conference call? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104960)

sandiegodude 01-06-2010 03:52 PM

Unlock Sprint TP2 GSM = 4+ callers on conference call?

Hey everyone,
It is my observation that the thing holding the Sprint TP2 from having true conferencing capabilities is its CDMA chip.
If we unlock the GSM and use a prepaid card, could we have true conferencing on a Sprint phone?

p-slim 01-06-2010 04:03 PM

Re: Unlock Sprint TP2 GSM = 4+ callers on conference call?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiegodude (Post 1465387)
Hey everyone,
It is my observation that the thing holding the Sprint TP2 from having true conferencing capabilities is its CDMA chip.
If we unlock the GSM and use a prepaid card, could we have true conferencing on a Sprint phone?

i'm assuming its as easy as installing the correct dialer. As long as you install a dialer with the conference feature and you're on gsm, it should work, but i haven't tested nor am i positive.

hunterintusttin 01-06-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1465424)
i'm assuming its as easy as installing the correct dialer. As long as you install a dialer with the conference feature and you're on gsm, it should work, but i haven't tested nor am i positive.

Is there a dialer for a stock Sprint Rom available which gives me Conference Calling?

p-slim 01-06-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunterintusttin (Post 1465850)
Is there a dialer for a stock Sprint Rom available which gives me Conference Calling?

No there isn't, the dialer on the sprint rom will not include this because no cdma carrier offers this. if you can find the dialer from a gsm tp2 you can just install it on your current phone but you would need to find the cab. If you build you're own roms from someones kitchen then all you need is the oem from a gsm kitchen and you will be good to go.

BlackDynamite 01-06-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1465911)
No there isn't, the dialer on the sprint rom will not include this because no cdma carrier offers this. if you can find the dialer from a gsm tp2 you can just install it on your current phone but you would need to find the cab. If you build you're own roms from someones kitchen then all you need is the oem from a gsm kitchen and you will be good to go.

It's not that no CDMA carrier offers it, it just a limit of the CDMA technology. It's not possible on CDMA.

So I doubt you can ever get it to work on a Sprint phone. You'd have to have 2 seperate dialers, one for GSM, and one for CDMA. I don't know if that is even possible with any of the tools we have to work with...

p-slim 01-06-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyDawg (Post 1465942)
It's not that no CDMA carrier offers it, it just a limit of the CDMA technology. It's not possible on CDMA.

So I doubt you can ever get it to work on a Sprint phone. You'd have to have 2 seperate dialers, one for GSM, and one for CDMA. I don't know if that is even possible with any of the tools we have to work with...

thats my point, even if you have that dialer and you're running cdma, the dialer option can be there but obviously by clicking it nothing would happen. If he is on a gsm network and has that dialer installed, theoritically it would work. I haven't tried because i've had no interest in running on gsm but if i was I think someone should be able to get it to work.