PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Fullsize and or larger keys phone keypad? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104935)

WBFAir 01-06-2010 01:41 PM

Fullsize and or larger keys phone keypad?

Hello all

I have a Verizon TouchPro2 device with all the stock ROMS and TF3D stuff on it.

For me I really dislike the basic phone keypad.

For one, the buttons are kinda small an I often find myself pushing the incorrect ones.

Plus I really hate how it has a list of the most recent calls and contacts menu on the top as I'm always accidentally pressing one of those, especially when I am using the top row of numbers to dial out.

So are there any settings I can use to remove that top menu and enlarge the buttons?

And/or if not, is there any little hack cabs out here that can do this?

Thanks

dfshadow 01-06-2010 02:51 PM

Re: Fullsize and or larger keys phone keypad?

I think you need to re-calibrate your screen...

The keys are pretty big and there is no way you can hit that far off unless your screen is poorly calibrated.

WBFAir 01-06-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfshadow (Post 1465247)
I think you need to re-calibrate your screen...

The keys are pretty big and there is no way you can hit that far off unless your screen is poorly calibrated.

Hello dfshadow, I remember seeing something about that and I've never done it so I'll give it a try but I should mention that under ideal conditions and/or when using the stylist, I don't have any feeling that this or any other of the contacts I am making are say off center or anything like that of where I make them.

But just to mention, I use this device in the field as a HVAC Mech.

So for instance, I was on the roof of a building yesterday in 20 degree weather for most of the day and wearing light gloves.

In a situation like this it is quite easy to not have the most ideal control over things so as big a button as I could get would be very helpful.

But even aside from that, for me since the keypad only takes up half the screen I often find I have to use the very tip of my finger just to get it right.

So if anyone knows of anything else I could try that would be great.

Thanks

slr916ek9 01-06-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WBFAir (Post 1465284)
Hello dfshadow, I remember seeing something about that and I've never done it so I'll give it a try but I should mention that under ideal conditions and/or when using the stylist, I don't have any feeling that this or any other of the contacts I am making are say off center or anything like that of where I make them.

But just to mention, I use this device in the field as a HVAC Mech.

So for instance, I was on the roof of a building yesterday in 20 degree weather for most of the day and wearing light gloves.

In a situation like this it is quite easy to not have the most ideal control over things so as big a button as I could get would be very helpful.

But even aside from that, for me since the keypad only takes up half the screen I often find I have to use the very tip of my finger just to get it right.

So if anyone knows of anything else I could try that would be great.

Thanks

and dont forget to calibrate it with your stylus not FINGER..i hit it right in the dead center of the + and it works great for me i can even type as fast on the screen keyboard then the pop out board...