PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Which ROM has the fastest SenseUI 2.5??? [opinion based] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104929)

quazimodem 01-06-2010 03:02 PM

Re: Which ROM has the fastest SenseUI 2.5??? [opinion based]

Give JD's 2.5 ROM a shot. Pretty clean, smooth, and fast.

jshaas2 01-06-2010 03:03 PM

i hate posts like this. All chefs/roms have their own individuality and positive aspects. As far as your questions, i'll let my signature answer. :)

CnDm111 01-06-2010 03:05 PM

try em all and you decide. everyone has their own flavor and opinion on roms. best way to figure it out is to download and flash and flash until you kno what you want. im jealous. cause its never as good as your first flash lol

Striker347 01-06-2010 03:06 PM

I am a Juicy fan with his Sense version but no landscape.

I just tried SsS, and it is as fast if not slightly faster then Juicy, and also works very well in Landscape.

heartisall 01-06-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dav1boy (Post 1465195)
hands down i say the triple S rom (SSS). Deck is the chef and believe me when i say its the best in terms of speed, reliability. its very smooth even thru the animations. there isnt much latency with sms like i experience with other 2.5 roms and i have tried them all! if you want to be able to use the phone like a phone, from day to day without reboots, go with triple S!

Yep I agree I have been running this rom for the last few days and it is amazing, landscape support and so fast. So far I have had barely any lockups or anything. I highly recommend it.

quazimodem 01-06-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaas2 (Post 1465283)
i hate posts like this. All chefs/roms have their own individuality and positive aspects. As far as your questions, i'll let my signature answer. :)

That's true... but for the most part, there's always an app a user doesn't want or wishes was cooked in etc. Or a look/feel that is unique to that cook.

I always like ROMs that are as virgin as they come.... then install your apps and/or do your own customizations to make it how you want it. It can be a hassle but sometimes it's worth it because you know exactly what is on your phone and un-do whatever it is you did to screw up your phone. :p

MikeElGiga23 01-06-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaas2 (Post 1465283)

didnt i mention that in the first post? i strictly asked about senseUI not an overall rom comparison....

anyways, thanx everyone for their imput. im currently running mightyrom war 12\30 and its running pretty good but since nobody mentioned war than ill give sss a try since i hear good things about it and then silence.... back to the flashing board lol

thanx again

bikeandestroyx 01-06-2010 04:12 PM

Im running my rom, its the best IMO. Ive been gone and running a few other roms to see whats up and none of them have what i need always missing things.

steveholtam 01-06-2010 04:14 PM

While your flashing, give Juicy R6 a try as well.

LoriInWA 01-06-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dav1boy (Post 1465195)
hands down i say the triple S rom (SSS). Deck is the chef and believe me when i say its the best in terms of speed, reliability. its very smooth even thru the animations. there isnt much latency with sms like i experience with other 2.5 roms and i have tried them all! if you want to be able to use the phone like a phone, from day to day without reboots, go with triple S!

I concur. I have been very happy with this rom. Everything works! Even mms with the Elephant fix.