PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Za33cK is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is the BEST TP2 Manila 2.1 rom with wm6.5 for Sprint (NO Sense Roms)

I am just looking for a Touch pro 2 Rom for sprint that has windows mobile 6.5 and the original TF3D2.1 not the 2.1 sense, I have tried alot of roms, but sense isnt quite there yet, and with all the chefs we have i'm sure one day it will no doubt be perfect because they are all genius's, but for now im looking into getting back onto a solid wm6.5 rom with TF3D2.1 for a sprint touch pro 2

Thanks for whoever gives feedback im sure i will try them all out lol
Old 01-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Re: What is the BEST TP2 Manila 2.1 rom with wm6.5 for Sprint (NO Sense Roms)

Wait, what? Why would you not like Sense 2.1? I can understand being adverse to 2.5 as it's not meant for our devices and has some bugs as a result, but Sense 2.1 is fine and works very well. As always, my first recommendation is Mighty Mike's latest stable ROM.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Wait, what? Why would you not like Sense 2.1? I can understand being adverse to 2.5 as it's not meant for our devices and has some bugs as a result, but Sense 2.1 is fine and works very well. As always, my first recommendation is Mighty Mike's latest stable ROM.
everything he just said.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm not even sure there is a rom running TF3D2..I think everything now is Sense 2.1 or 2.5

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 01-05-2010, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

well as for sense 2.1 not to sure where you live but im seeing snow everyday, and the snow animation is all choppy, white lines blink on the screen. you can turn the animation off, but then when you want to use "backgrounds for all" to see wallpaper on every tab, it turns the animation right back on, as for ram i heard there is alot more available in cooked roms without the sense version, and there are way more mods for regular manila 2.1..clocks, sliders, ect. that is why i have decided and want to switch over until things have been worked out and more mods have been released
Old 01-06-2010, 12:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

The best ROM is the one you build yourself . It's not hard, especially when you have a great person like Calkulin putting out nice kitchens. I'd bet he has manila 2.1 in there if it's anything like his previous kitchens for other devices.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Man believe me if i was half as smart as these people on here id have a million roms to choose from seeing as i spend countless hours on the computer doing sh*t as it is, i've looked into building roms seems way to complicated for me, i just picked up hdwalls the other day and learned how to make fullscreen wallpaper and sliders, i thought i was like one of the smartest people after i got done making a wallpaper lol
Old 01-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

damant is a n00b

finallly there's another person alike me
I have the same taste too,...6.5 rom with 2.1 manila :
the key is : SSK kitchen 3.2.1 !

you would cook 6.5 rom with either htc black or original oem manila...then you would get a perfectly fast/smooth running 6.5 with 2.1 manila rom .

I love it ! even tomtom works on this 6.5 rom without lags.

Last edited by damant; 01-06-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za33cK View Post
well as for sense 2.1 not to sure where you live but im seeing snow everyday, and the snow animation is all choppy, white lines blink on the screen. you can turn the animation off, but then when you want to use "backgrounds for all" to see wallpaper on every tab, it turns the animation right back on, as for ram i heard there is alot more available in cooked roms without the sense version, and there are way more mods for regular manila 2.1..clocks, sliders, ect. that is why i have decided and want to switch over until things have been worked out and more mods have been released
Man, I hear you about the snow. I live in Michigan too and see Snow almost everyday. My animation isn't choppy at all using MightyROM 1/04 release. If anything, the snow just makes me depressed because it reminds me of the crappy weather outside
Old 01-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za33cK View Post
ok i'm on sprint too, and while i am opposed to sense 2.5 i definitely can't say the same for 2.1. i've been running malatesta's 6.5.3 - 2.1 rom and it runs smooth (animations included) however i have also run his 6.5 - 2.1 and it's even better! right now i'm on silence 011 and i'm extremely impressed with this one as well. the key is to run a rom that doesn't run too much in the background. seriously, these two have been amazing and i've pretty much run about every rom for cdma on this site. if you want stability and speed then you're right in the 6.5 part but sense 2.1 is where it's at. just my 2 cents

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2